The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No point playing the donkeys when they're at home. Every call goes their way anyway.
Anyone else like that flag they threw only once Manning had thrown the interception? :lol:
Original post by Malevolent
No point playing the donkeys when they're at home. Every call goes their way anyway.

What's with the hate? If you are referring to the fumble on the kick off, the refs called it on the field as a fumble. It was overturned with the video calls in New York. For San Diego it sucks. There's also no gaurentee that they get 7 points out of that very short field, and then the Broncos would have got the ball back around the 2 minute warning, with three timeouts, iirc, to drive down the field. And Peyton and Sanders were playing at a very high level. And yes...the Broncos only had to travel the 75 yards to the end zone. Defense has to get a stop. If that happens, the Chargers have the ball back, at around the two minute warning and then gets the ball back in the second half, and a few time outs to get the ball back.

San Diego got away with a bit of holding on o-line on a few plays (as did the Broncos). However, decisions even themselves out of the course of the season.

Defense constantly got pressure. Stuffed the run. Brandon Marshall racked up the tackles, DT got 100 yards...again. Sanders is finally getting the TDs and the recognition his good play so far this year has warranted. Hillman is re-energized, while Juwan Thompson moves the pile on and on and wears down opposing front sevens -- Lovin' the "Thunder and Lightning" tandem.

See your team next week.

Anyone else like that flag they threw only once Manning had thrown the interception? :lol:

Again, Wes Welker didn't have a shot of catching the ball because of pass interference; he also didn't have a shot of tackling the interceptor because of the holding on him.
Gutted for the Chargers, hope it's not the start of a long losing streak :frown:
Lions for an easy win at Wembley even with the injuries.

Anyone else watching?
God I can't wait till I'm back in the UK and can go to the international series games again. Maybe nab myself another pair of players gloves in the mean time :ahee:
That Tate TD cost me 20 points in fantasy. Was looking like I had a real advantage, now the week looks lost.
Original post by Motorbiker
Lions for an easy win at Wembley even with the injuries.

Anyone else watching?

I was there, incredible day :biggrin:
Gronkowski what's there to say. Best TE bar none. There isn't another offensive weapon besides Calvin Johnson that other defenses have to worry more about. Fifth on touchdowns of all time for a TE and he's 25. Let that sink in...

Surprised the Ravens lost but you never quite know with the Bengals if they're gonna turn up.
Gronkowski what's there to say. Best TE bar none. There isn't another offensive weapon besides Calvin Johnson that other defenses have to worry more about. Fifth on touchdowns of all time for a TE and he's 25. Let that sink in...

Surprised the Ravens lost but you never quite know with the Bengals if they're gonna turn up.

You and I may differ in the teams we follow...but Gronk, when healthy, is a beast. I can't argue with that. I would respectfully offer Orange Julius as the best passing tight end (who's coming for Gronk's 'most TD in a season by a TE' record).

I think, Jason Witten is the most complete tight end. Blocking, catching, 'clutch' factor, leadership. Yes he's getting on a bit...but he is still top class.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
I was there, incredible day :biggrin:

How crazy was that ending in the stadium?

I expect everyone went mental...
Original post by jammy4041
You and I may differ in the teams we follow...but Gronk, when healthy, is a beast. I can't argue with that. I would respectfully offer Orange Julius as the best passing tight end (who's coming for Gronk's 'most TD in a season by a TE' record).

I think, Jason Witten is the most complete tight end. Blocking, catching, 'clutch' factor, leadership. Yes he's getting on a bit...but he is still top class.

Agree there. The only thing stopping him is his own body really. It's quite unbelievable that he's still only 25. For passing tight end could be any of Graham, Thomas ot even Gronkowski. The tight ends these days are doing so much more than the past which well would be expected considering how pass orientated the league has become.

Dunno about Witten think he's past it now. Gregg Olsson of the Panthers has been super but not quite sure whether to put that down to skill, lack of talent or perhaps both. Looking forward to the Denver game though, crazy looking at the offensive line now compared to the first game of the season.

Think Rex is gone though definitely, Jets are just bad. Colts pass D was horrendous as well yesterday.
Original post by Motorbiker
How crazy was that ending in the stadium?

I expect everyone went mental...

Absolutely mental, I've since watched it on 4OD, so little crowd noise is picked up on TV, it was a LOT louder than it seemed on TV.

Not meaning to nitpick but by my counting he's 6th, please tell me if I'm wrong

Tony Gonzalez - 111
Antonio Gates - 96
Shannon Sharpe - 62
Vernon Davis - 55
Jason Witten - 53
Rob Grongowski - 49
Agree there. The only thing stopping him is his own body really. It's quite unbelievable that he's still only 25. For passing tight end could be any of Graham, Thomas ot even Gronkowski. The tight ends these days are doing so much more than the past which well would be expected considering how pass orientated the league has become.

Dunno about Witten think he's past it now. Gregg Olsson of the Panthers has been super but not quite sure whether to put that down to skill, lack of talent or perhaps both. Looking forward to the Denver game though, crazy looking at the offensive line now compared to the first game of the season.

Think Rex is gone though definitely, Jets are just bad. Colts pass D was horrendous as well yesterday.

I offer Witten as a complete tight end because he does a real good job blocking, but is useful in the pass game. Although the Cowboys have other weapons, when Romo needs to convert a 3rd and whatever, more likely than not he's going to Witten. I forgot to add durable as well.
Reply 9355
Oh no :frown:
And I finally win in our fantasy league :biggrin:
I literally can not field a Week 9 team for bye weeks. 3 Bears, 2 Lions, 2 Packers all on byes. Now my waiver priority 7 looks like an issue and I could get beat by a 1-6 team.
Original post by Wattsy
I literally can not field a Week 9 team for bye weeks. 3 Bears, 2 Lions, 2 Packers all on byes. Now my waiver priority 7 looks like an issue and I could get beat by a 1-6 team.

Heard you were talking **** about me :unimpressed:

Nah, to be fair, my team's a lot better than my record suggests. I've lost two match-ups by leaving players on bye weeks in that I would have won otherwise.

I've had rotten luck with injuries too. Morris, Charles, Green, DJax and Davis have all had multiple weeks out.
Original post by Scott129
Heard you were talking **** about me :unimpressed:

Nah, to be fair, my team's a lot better than my record suggests. I've lost two match-ups by leaving players on bye weeks in that I would have won otherwise.

I've had rotten luck with injuries too. Morris, Charles, Green, DJax and Davis have all had multiple weeks out.

That is pretty gutting. If my waiver claims don't come off though you are probably going to win.

Latest