The Student Room Group

NFL talk? Questions about American football?

Hi :smile:

I looked through the TSR groups and couldn't find one on American Football and so wondered if anybody was interested in joining one if I created one.
Perhaps 'The TSR NFL Society', or something along those lines...

Furthermore not many people (comparatively to football/rugby etc) know much about the NFL in the UK, and lots of people call it a 'poofs sport' because of the pads. So if anybody wants to know more or chat/talk smack about the NFL then feel free.

Any shout outs to your favourite team are welcome.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS <3

EDIT: The Social Group is here. Join if you are interested. Other American Football related threads will be added soon.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=1167
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by S129439

I looked through the TSR groups and couldn't find one on American Football and so wondered if anybody was interested in joining one if I created one.

Furthermore not many people (comparatively to football/rugby etc) know much about the NFL in the UK, and lots of people call it a 'poofs sport' because of the pads. So if anybody wants to know more or chat/talk smack about the NFL then feel free.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS <3

I was literally just about to do this thread before i noticed this.

I too am a Patriot fan, currently sitting up watching the game, the big man kickoff return to the 5 yardine made me lol, YES FAT MAN, THERE IS HOPE FOR US ALL.
Also a sometime Pats fan and watching the game, good interception and TD. How many more wins till we clinch a playoff berth?
on another note, that was a sick TD interception. Patriots <3
Original post by CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Also a sometime Pats fan and watching the game, good interception and TD. How many more wins till we clinch a playoff berth?

The Pats are 11-2 atm, haven't they already got one?
Reply 5
Original post by S129439

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS <3

Anyone who calls it a 'poofs sport' has clearly never played it!
Reply 6
Original post by op7990
Anyone who calls it a 'poofs sport' has clearly never played it!

second that!
Reply 7
Its amazing how everyone seems to be a Patriots fan as they are coincidently playing live on C4 right now...
Original post by Isildur1
Its amazing how everyone seems to be a Patriots fan as they are coincidently playing live on C4 right now...

i've always been a Pats fan, the fact they are playing on C4 in the UK is just a bonus for me. Yes, the Pats have a large fan base in the UK, the biggest here respectively, so expect a lot of english NFL followers to like them. Just because you don't support them you dont have to hate.
Reply 9
Original post by SaltyPiratePony
i've always been a Pats fan, the fact they are playing on C4 in the UK is just a bonus for me. Yes, the Pats have a large fan base in the UK, the biggest here respectively, so expect a lot of english NFL followers to like them. Just because you don't support them you dont have to hate.

lol hate? please quote the part of my previous statement where i expressed any 'hate'

...and i thought it was funny how you referred to Dan Connolly as 'the big man' and 'fat man' as you clearly didnt even know his name. Great fan you are...
(edited 13 years ago)
lol hate? please quote the part of my previous statement where i expressed any 'hate'

the incredible amount of sarcasm displayed in your pointless post speaks volumes. Out of interest, who do you support?
Reply 11
the incredible amount of sarcasm displayed in your pointless post speaks volumes. Out of interest, who do you support?

Mike Carlson.
Mike Carlson.

i refuse to communicate with you anymore, you are retarded.
I'm an NFL n00b, and recently decided to support the Packers for a couple of reasons... So I'm watching right now... loving it :biggrin:

The pads do make it kinda gay though... I mean they're only necessary to wear because your opponents are. Why not do away with them all together? Would make the sport more accessible considering pads cost £££s
Original post by Barden
I'm an NFL n00b, and recently decided to support the Packers for a couple of reasons... So I'm watching right now... loving it :biggrin:

The pads do make it kinda gay though... I mean they're only necessary to wear because your opponents are. Why not do away with them all together? Would make the sport more accessible considering pads cost £££s

I'd like to see you hit hard by Bob Sanders without pads.
Another note, hell yes Pats.
this is a great game of football, right to the wire.
HUGE sack, won the game. Get in there, good effort by that rookie QB Flynn though, hats off to him. Go Pats!
I'd like to see you hit hard by Bob Sanders without pads.

The point is that proportionately, the force of the impact would be the same if neither of us were wearing pads to what it would be if we both were wearing pads.
Original post by Barden

yeah

but the problem is they're way less conservative about the way you hit. Taking a tackle from ray lewis without padding will probably kill you