The Student Room Group

Any who are Studying Turkish?

Just curious if anyone was as I have accumulated a few questions regarding grammar recently while I have been learning. Unfortunatly I have not been able to get formal training because where I live, there is no local Uni that teaches Turkish:frown: Closest place I know of is like New York.

I have been using certain online resources as well as getting help from Turks that I have become friends with online.

I am sure there is some Turkish societies I can look for here too, maybe get some insight from there. I gladly accept any help I can get since I was unable to get formal training.
Reply 1
why not study in Turkey or North Cyprus?
I am a lecturer in the TRNC, and our university courses are in English, except for Turkish Literature and History.
Reply 2
hi Kehk! good to meet you:smile:
I would love the chance to immerse myself among people who speak it everyday. And yeah just being somewhere different would be cool too. I know I might learn it so much faster. However I really don't know if that is possible right now.

I have a job here in the US, and I am taking Online classes but not for Turkish. And if I was going to live and work there, there would be all kinds of immigation hoops to pass through right? Correct visas, etc?

And some of your school's subjects may be in English but wouldn't I still need to pass a TOEFL to be accepted? And, I would still have to know so much more of the language than I do now to be able to find work there. And I have already tried to apply to a Uni in the UK once but I was not successful for certain reasons. :frown:

I know you are just offering a suggestion and I sincerely thank you for it. I just can only wish ? could do something like that.

Would you know of ways to study effectivly on my own, since a majority of it has basically been self-paced?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending