The Student Room Group

Should Cameron step down over winter snow crisis?

Scroll to see replies

It's a bit unfair to blame Cameron. Personally, what actually grinds the country down is the lazy public transport workers who cancel at the slightest sight of snow. Same applies to people in the councils, schools etc. Has anyone else actually noticed those who work in Hospitals or in retail still manage to make it in to work. I agree that this govt should actually invest in ploughs-use old tanks/armoured viechles with ploughs built on-seemples.
However, the mini ice ages were encountering (as well as the grey drizzly 'summers' {I think we only had about 3 weeks actual sunshine all in all}) rubbishes claims of global warming!
Original post by Teveth
The handling of the snow crisis has been an absolute shambles. Salt supplies are running low, many roads are not being gritted, airports are closed and people have been left to fend for themselves. Is this what the Tories call leadership?

Cameron should go to the Palace to hand in his resignation and ask the Queen to dissolve Parliament so that we can go to the polls.

this sounds awfully familiar to what happened last year when Labour were in power.....

it also sounds awfully familiar to what happened two years ago when Labour were in power...
Reply 22
This thread cannot be serious lol as much as I dislike the current government I doubt that Labour would have done much better.
Well done...... Yes we need a Labour gov. You unsucessfully managed to pull the wool over my eyes.
Original post by Teveth
The handling of the snow crisis has been an absolute shambles. Salt supplies are running low, many roads are not being gritted, airports are closed and people have been left to fend for themselves. Is this what the Tories call leadership?

Cameron should go to the Palace to hand in his resignation and ask the Queen to dissolve Parliament so that we can go to the polls.

Aw, whats the matter? Are you finding it hard without Labour nannying you and holding your hands through life? Well good! Maybe people will now realise that they cant and shouldnt rely on the state to do everything for them. People might even start to get back that sense of responsiblity and self reliance we used to have buckets of in this country.

And to answer your question, no. Cameron shouldnt step down just because a bunch whinging morons cant handle a few inches of snow.
Reply 25
Funny.
1: I hate Tories.
2: I really hate Cameron.
3: I can't get out of my house, everything's covered in snow.
4: Someone should have cleaned it.
5: It probably were the Tories who did not clean my pavement and the roads in my town.
6: I hate them even more and I wish Cameron (yes, he went to Oxford, he should know how to control weather - and he has a lot of money) resigned.

Here's a tip: Grab a shovel and clean your pavement :P
This is why politics are gay
Reply 27
Original post by Teveth

Yeah it was great under Labour. So great we even ran out of grit.
Right, because Gordon Clown did a far better job last year.
Reply 29
Orf with his head!!!
Reply 30
To be honest, there was little condem could do to predict the snow! The route of all this labour anger is that if we had a proper electoral system we wouldn't be in this stupid mess with the government anyway! Labour would have been in if Lib Dems hadn't lied and promised students something that it looks like they were never willing to ACTUALLY do and also if Gordon Brown hadn't been thrust upon the nation as one of the countries most pittiful leaders.

Bring on the next general election and lets see what gets pulled out of the bag this time!
Reply 31
Original post by WelshBluebird
I do however think that we really need to sort out some kind of plan, and actually invest some money in getting the equipment we need.
I'm not sure. There needs to be an analysis of how much the equipment would cost, compared to how much money is lost because of the snow.
Reply 32
Who was in charge when this last happened? Link to your thread calling for Labour heads to roll and people might take you seriously.
Original post by Kolya
I'm not sure. There needs to be an analysis of how much the equipment would cost, compared to how much money is lost because of the snow.

Don't you think its pathetic how much we grind to a halt though?
Its not like this kind of weather is unusual for us now. We pretty much know we are going to get it at winter, so surely we need to be prepared for it.
Reply 34

Don't you think its pathetic how much we grind to a halt though?
Its not like this kind of weather is unusual for us now. We pretty much know we are going to get it at winter, so surely we need to be prepared for it.

Perhaps it's just too expensive to be sensibly prepared for it, and we should just let things grind to a halt and take a few days off.
Reply 35
Always makes me laugh how people are desperate to complain to someone or other when the weather is bad. Its the weather; we're a country with small roads, small vehicles and no need (previously) for hyper-effective equipment and methods to deal with the snow. Its not some conspiracy, or something entirely the governments fault.
Original post by Teveth

Yeah, because the communist party did such a great job. You idiot.
OP is so desperate for a Labour leadership, you can see it in his e-eyes.
Reply 38
There are a lot of Conservative and Labour supporters here on TSR... I've only 'just' realized...
Reply 39
Cameron's handling of the 2010 Snow Crisis compares to Bush's handling of Katrina, in my opinion.

Where is he? Where is our Prime Minister? If Ed Miliband were PM, he'd be giving us regular updates on the situation and he would not rest until he felt satisfied that his government were doing all it could to relieve the problem. Cameron's not bothered to show his face.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending