The Student Room Group

Subway's Chicken Temptation

I missed out on this the first time around, so I dived at the chance to finally try this limited edition sub. I went into my local Subway and found they'd sold out (!), so I headed over to a branch I don't usually frequent, as we call it "the crap subway" (we do so because the staff there seem so disinterested and lack attentiveness, for example the other branches we go to, they seem to distribute the salad properly, but at this one they just chuck a clump of cucumber slices wherever they land).

So I got my six inch Chicken Temptation, sat at a table and munched it - and was a little bit disappointed. It tasted really kinda tepid and bland... a bit like just a big non-crispy chicken nugget in a bun. Did I get another dud from the "Crap Subway", or do they generally taste this way?

What're your thoughts on this sandwich?
Reply 1
I was disappointed too :frown: It looks really delicious but tastes pretty bland as you put it.

Think I'll be sticking to the chicken and bacon ranch :coma:
I was quite disappointed with it as well, it's just not as nice as the adverts would have you believe.

Subway Melt (non-halal of course) :coma:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
try it toasted on italian bread with lettuce, sweet chilli sauce and mayo :wink:
Like a limp McChicken sandwich. Subway fail!
Reply 5
Original post by TotoMimo
I missed out on this the first time around, so I dived at the chance to finally try this limited edition sub. I went into my local Subway and found they'd sold out (!), so I headed over to a branch I don't usually frequent, as we call it "the crap subway" (we do so because the staff there seem so disinterested and lack attentiveness, for example the other branches we go to, they seem to distribute the salad properly, but at this one they just chuck a clump of cucumber slices wherever they land).

So I got my six inch Chicken Temptation, sat at a table and munched it - and was a little bit disappointed. It tasted really kinda tepid and bland... a bit like just a big non-crispy chicken nugget in a bun. Did I get another dud from the "Crap Subway", or do they generally taste this way?

What're your thoughts on this sandwich?

Whack it in Hearty Italian, add extra cheese, mayo, lettuce, red onion and sweetcorn, BAM lush.
Alternatively, Meatball Marinara. Works everytime.
Reply 6
Original post by Cariie
Whack it in Hearty Italian, add extra cheese, mayo, lettuce, red onion and sweetcorn, BAM lush.
Alternatively, Meatball Marinara. Works everytime.

Appreciate the suggestion Cariie, but I'm in the (apparently, minority) camp of people that hate slathering stuff in cheese and mayo. When I get a beefburger, I want it for the beef, if I get a chicken sandwich, I get it for the chicken, I think it's pointless to get those things only for it to taste like cheesy mayo. Of course, if I get a cheese sandwich, it's fine for THAT to taste like cheese.... heheh.
Reply 7
Original post by TotoMimo
Appreciate the suggestion Cariie, but I'm in the (apparently, minority) camp of people that hate slathering stuff in cheese and mayo. When I get a beefburger, I want it for the beef, if I get a chicken sandwich, I get it for the chicken, I think it's pointless to get those things only for it to taste like cheesy mayo. Of course, if I get a cheese sandwich, it's fine for THAT to taste like cheese.... heheh.

Ah then the Chicken Temptation is not for you TotoMimo, without the added mayo and cheese combo it is merely a disappointing dry chicken breast in bread :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by rev_pain
try it toasted on italian bread with lettuce, sweet chilli sauce and mayo :wink:

An expensive sweet chilli deli from McSubway?
I need to try this, I've seen it advertised a lot and post my thoughts when and if I do.
Reply 10
Original post by JordE
An expensive sweet chilli deli from McSubway?

Dunno how much they are at mcdonalds but £5 for a footlong and a drink isn't too bad. I get them free anyway :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest