The Student Room Group

Girl-only clubs?

This poll is closed

Would you like to visit a female-only club?

I'm a female person - and I would like this idea. 19%
I'm a female person - and I wouldn't like this idea. 42%
I'm a male person - and I would like this idea. 8%
I'm a male person - and I wouldn't like this idea.32%
Total votes: 91
In light of lots of female people complaining about harrassment by creepy or seedy males in clubs, do you think there's a gap in the market for companies opening female-only clubs?

They could still dress up in their hottest and skimpiest gear and party but would since it would be a female-only environment presumably the risk of harrassment would be minimized? Of course sometimes people go out in mixed (i.e. male and female) groups so I suppose male entry could be 'by invitation only'.

Of course, many female people insist on being able to wear whichever clothing they like (and it is perfectly legal to do so in the UK) but given the frequency of groping/harrassment etc. do you think female-only clubs may be marketable idea?

I'm not sure how many clubs have nightvision security cameras installed inside and I'm not sure how many take screenshots of people and their IDs when they enter, so in practice it becomes difficult for a woman to press charges against a male for harrassment in the club, so in order for some female people to continue to be able to dress exactly how they want without harrassment the female-only club may be a sufficient compromise. Of course in an ideal world there would be no harrassment or attention given to female people, but this may be a pragmatic solution.

Disclaimer: I'm not advocating closure of mixed clubs or gender segregation or apartheid. Also, for those people who cite this as an example of sexism, remember that there are still 'Gentlemen's Clubs' in the country, many of which have exclusive entry to male people.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No since 95% of women love attention
Reply 2
Harassment free clubs for girls = Gay bar
Reply 3
Behave mate, some of those bull dykes are worse than the Somalians
Reply 4
This is a good idea. Then the Muslim sisters can go clubbing and get drunk without having to be in the same room as men as contact with men that are not related to you is forbidden.
What would be the point of wearing revealing outfits if no men are around? :confused:
Original post by carcinoma
Harassment free clubs for girls = Gay bar
Nah, dudes are cottoning on to that **** now. You can go to a gay bar and hit on a chick and if she accepts, great, if she rejects you, just pretend you're gay and she being hella full of herself to think that you were hitting on her in a gay bar. There's no way you can lose.
I like being able to go out in a group with my guy friends. Would maybe go to one of these clubs if it was a girls night out and the club was good. Perhaps more likely if the staff were all really hot guys :mmm:
Reply 8
Why should women have to have female only clubs, because a minority of men are disgusting pigs?
If I had a penny for every time a girl complains about the attention she gets when she's dressed like a slut then maybe I'd stop looking down her top while she's talking to me....
After a while they'd just get bored
Original post by a_t
No since 95% of women love attention

Bloody right, son, as indicated by the poll.

"oh but we onlee go 4 dancin and 4 da music not 2 have guise throw demselves at us!11"
Reply 12
Original post by lovely_me
Why should women have to have female only clubs, because a minority of men are disgusting pigs?

Did you just ask yourself a question and then answer it in the same post?
Yeah, great idea. Then there wouldn't be middle aged pricks grindin' on me.
But I like being able to go out with my guy mates too. I think the point from the other thread being made was not that girls hate attention, it's just that girls don't like it when you say no and make it clear you're not interested yet the guy carries on behaving in sometimes very inappropriate ways.
Reply 15
Original post by BambieWambie
Yeah, great idea. Then there wouldn't be middle aged pricks grindin' on me.

It must be your aura
Reply 16
what about when the prison lesbians bust in?
Reply 17
Hmmm, LESBIANS :P :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by JCC-MGS
Nah, dudes are cottoning on to that **** now. You can go to a gay bar and hit on a chick and if she accepts, great, if she rejects you, just pretend you're gay and she being hella full of herself to think that you were hitting on her in a gay bar. There's no way you can lose.

Funnily enough the only time I've pulled a girl in a nightclub was at a gay bar. Although she was the one that came on to me.
Reply 19
Original post by Barden
If I had a penny for every time a girl complains about the attention she gets when she's dressed like a slut then maybe I'd stop looking down her top while she's talking to me....

If I had a penny for every time a girl complains about the attention she gets when she's wearing revealing clothes, I'd probably have enough money for her to actually like the attention she's getting from me.

Quick Reply