The Student Room Group

Can a university withdraw an offer if I do not accept it quick enough?

Well basically I am applying to study BA archaeology, and so far I have offers from Reading and Nottingham. I have not heard back from Birmingham and Worcester.

I am about 93% sure that I want to accept the Reading offer, but I also have been invited to an interview at Southampton on the 3rd of March and I do not want to reply untill I have seen Southampton and know find out if they will also offer me a place.

So my question is, if I wait till about the 10th March 2011 to reply to my offers will that be leaving it too late?
Could Reading withdraw their offer?

Thanks
Reply 1
no, they cant - UCAS will set a date by which you have to respond which is usually the end of april - but they wont ask you to make a decision until all of your uni's have responded :smile:
Unless it's a condition they've cleary set, then I don't think so.
In UCAS terms universities can not set their own conditions. The only time they can enforce their own time limits on you is during clearing, but before then in the normal cycle UCAS set the time spans allowed to keep it fair and allow all applicants time to consider their options fully from all of their universities.

Given you've applied before 15th Jan, UCAS ask your universities to aim to reply to you by 31st March then if you do get all of your replies by this date you will have until 5th May 2011 to reply to them. After this date your offers will be automatically rejected, but you can reply to an offer received at any point in the application cycle until this date. If they do not reply until after 31st March (this is not uncommon) they will then have until 6th May to get back to you and this is the final final deadline for them to reply. Then, you have until 7th June to make your decisions.

You have plenty of time - they don't want you to rush into anything so use as much time as you need.

http://www.ucas.com/students/importantdates

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending