The Student Room Group

Good book/ website on Malcolm X

I am currently doing my GCSE History coursework, for which I have to answer three questions on the civil rights movement. I have found the book 'Race Relations in the USA since 1900' by Vivienne Sanders very good, but it only contains one page on Malcolm X, on whose contribution to the movement I need to analyse.
I do not have much time left to finish this, so does anyone know of a book and/or website that explains his involvement in the movement (not his life story!) that is in a format similar to the aforementioned book - relatively quick to read or scan over and get facts from?

Thank you

Oh, and it would be great if any one could comment on how he furthered the movement. :biggrin:
Reply 1
*daniEllE*
I am currently doing my GCSE History coursework, for which I have to answer three questions on the civil rights movement. I have found the book 'Race Relations in the USA since 1900' by Vivienne Sanders very good, but it only contains one page on Malcolm X, on whose contribution to the movement I need to analyse.
I do not have much time left to finish this, so does anyone know of a book and/or website that explains his involvement in the movement (not his life story!) that is in a format similar to the aforementioned book - relatively quick to read or scan over and get facts from?

Thank you

Oh, and it would be great if any one could comment on how he furthered the movement. :biggrin:

Obviously a great book to read is his autobiography (Alex Hayley). It's a really good read. Anyhoos. Any book by Howard Zinn on the Civil Rights movement would probably have a section on Malcolm X and the civil rights movement. Maybe try googling 'Malcom X' or 'Malcolm X and civil rights'

http://www.cmgww.com/historic/malcolm/index.htm
www.malcolm-x.org
www.brothermalcolm.net

If you want any other info PM me.. i'll need to rack my brain, but i'vedone a fair bit on Malcolm in my time at uni.

Good Luck!
you could also try watching the film 'malcolm x'. anyway the book you mentioned has been quite helpful to me so far, surely there's more than a page on malcolm x in there? have you tried reading on about events and organisations, perhaps he was involved in things that occur later in the book?

Latest

Trending

Trending