Do Economists get interviews? :confused:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Damn
Lucky u
CONGRATULATIONS
Is it actually an interview or an informal invitation for Open Day where they will secretly interview you? Do you automatically get an offer?

**WAITS FOR HIS ECONOMICS OPEN DAY INVITATION**
--------------
Traum

yea
open day invitation
i hope they dont officially interview you though.
Fellow eco applicant.
Where else have you applied?
Reply 3
izsushant

yea
open day invitation
i hope they dont officially interview you though.
Fellow eco applicant.
Where else have you applied?

hey, saw you over in LSE forum too...seems like we are shadowing eachother...lol

I've applied LSE, UCL, Ox, Notts, warwick, Birmingham...

How about you + have you heard anything from any of yours?
Reply 4
Traum
hey, saw you over in LSE forum too...seems like we are shadowing eachother...lol

I've applied LSE, UCL, Ox, Notts, warwick, Birmingham...

How about you + have you heard anything from any of yours?

**STOP COPYING MEH**
lol
Nice range of UNi's
I have applied to LSE UCL CAMB NOTTS WARWICK & ESSEX
:biggrin:
Have you applied for E&M at Oxford?
I have heard from Cambridge, Notts and Essex but that was just a formal latter to say Hi, we will reject you as soon as UCAS Track is up (or after the interview at Cambridge).
lol
How about you?
Reply 5
izsushant
**STOP COPYING MEH**
lol
Nice range of UNi's
I have applied to LSE UCL CAMB NOTTS WARWICK & ESSEX
:biggrin:
Have you applied for E&M at Oxford?
I have heard from Cambridge, Notts and Essex but that was just a formal latter to say Hi, we will reject you as soon as UCAS Track is up (or after the interview at Cambridge).
lol
How about you?

Yikes, seriously freaky... all the same (i count oxbridge as the same) except from Birmingham...

Heard from Notts n Oxford... but oxford made it very clear that the letter "is not an invitation for an interview". And they asked for my written work (which i havn't done yet)... Cam doesn't do they?

The worst thing is people from birmingham (who applied for Economics) are already starting to get offers...
Reply 6
I was under the impression everyone who UCL intend to give an offer to has to have a formal interview(/open day)?
Reply 7
Yeah, I got my interview invitation thing for geog. on 16 November, argh getting scary now, it's becoming real.
Reply 8
do chemical engineering ppl gt interviews or not at ucl?
me 2, i got the same date for computer science at ucl, which is the same date as my imperial interview... great timing
Traum

yes, they do.
Reply 11
Traum
Yikes, seriously freaky... all the same (i count oxbridge as the same) except from Birmingham...

Heard from Notts n Oxford... but oxford made it very clear that the letter "is not an invitation for an interview". And they asked for my written work (which i havn't done yet)... Cam doesn't do they?

The worst thing is people from birmingham (who applied for Economics) are already starting to get offers...

lol
Dont worry. I am sure you will get your special offer very soon. My cambridge college (Gonville and Caius) doesnt ask for written work, only interview and a test.
I am worried about when i get a letter from a UNi, what does it have inside?? HOPEFULLY NOT MY REJECTION
:'(
Im at UCl now and last year I just got invited to an open day but never ahd an interview. Alot of people on my course werent interviewed. I think they pick andom people to interview! good luck to everyone applying this year!
Traum

No, you get asked to come to UCL.

Attendance = offer.

The department are forced to make you do that, on the whole, they feel the UCAS form is enough to make a judgement.

The attendance criteria is motivational.
--------------
Natmarjus
Im at UCl now and last year I just got invited to an open day but never ahd an interview. Alot of people on my course werent interviewed. I think they pick andom people to interview! good luck to everyone applying this year!

Interviews are for the marginal people if they are conducted at all.
ok thanks
Do Law applicants get asked for interviews?
skd180
I was under the impression everyone who UCL intend to give an offer to has to have a formal interview(/open day)?

Don't think this applies for Law M100. I think that only postgrad students are interviewed for this course.
Chris_northants
me 2, i got the same date for computer science at ucl, which is the same date as my imperial interview... great timing

I applied to both, and havent gotten any interview letters from them... is that bad....??? :confused:

do they interview all their applicants....

Hey what are you gonna do about that... i mean how does it soundt hat you're telling one university to f*** off and give you nother date cos you want to go to another interview.....
um
i got a letter telling me to go to a visit and interview at UCL on the 29th. however i'm an international student and when i emailed them telling them i couldn't come, they told me that they would be giving me a conditional offer anyway.
spazingdonkey
um
i got a letter telling me to go to a visit and interview at UCL on the 29th. however i'm an international student and when i emailed them telling them i couldn't come, they told me that they would be giving me a conditional offer anyway.

That's because of you being an international student really.