The Student Room Group

Help with choosing a back up choice :)

Actually I'm not sure. I have applied to Manchester (A*AB), Kent (AA and 360 points), Leeds (AAB) and Portsmouth whch is my "safe option" (BCC), and i am really stuck on a fifth choice, i could leave it, but I don't want to waste an option, and there might be a place that i have overlooked and just not considered.

So my fifth choice would be for maths and statistics, could any current students or potential applicants help with any suggestions?
Much appreciated :biggrin:
Edit: completely forgot to put predicted grades... AAB and i already have an A at a level
(edited 13 years ago)
I put York as my back-up for maths and stats, but also considered Surrey - maybe look at those?
Reply 2
What are you predicted?
Reply 3
Original post by kat2pult
What are you predicted?

AAB :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by TheSownRose
I put York as my back-up for maths and stats, but also considered Surrey - maybe look at those?

York is too high (AAA) I would rather apply to LSE or something, but i doubt i'd get an offer.
Surrey is AAB, hmmm, thanks though!
Original post by supernova92
York is too high (AAA) I would rather apply to LSE or something, but i doubt i'd get an offer.
Surrey is AAB, hmmm, thanks though!

Wow, that's gone up - I had an ABB offer, and that was only in 2009. :s-smilie:

There's a business focus with LSE, which I found to be my real regret with apply there.
Reply 6
Original post by TheSownRose
Wow, that's gone up - I had an ABB offer, and that was only in 2009. :s-smilie:

There's a business focus with LSE, which I found to be my real regret with apply there.

Oh really?! Yeah, and further maths is basically a requirement (which i dont have). Oh for LSE i would be applying for Actuarial science, and it's the same for all my choices, except for portsmouth. And this 5th choice. The reason being that not many unis offer this course, and out of the ones that do, I only really liked 3 :lol:
Reply 7
Lancaster =]
Reply 8
Original post by Soph1990
Lancaster =]

OOh for lancaster, if I'm reading it correctly, I'd only need to get AB if they included my early A level in the offer...
Reply 9
Original post by supernova92
OOh for lancaster, if I'm reading it correctly, I'd only need to get AB if they included my early A level in the offer...

Awesome, plus Lancaster is amazing =]
Reply 10
I go to UEA, Maths. I love it here, so there's a suggestion to look at and see if it takes your fancy. I know some people doing Maths and stats, basically the first year is the same as Maths and then it gets more statsy 2nd and 3rd years.

I believe the grades are ABB (or ABC if the B is in further maths), unless they've changed. So kind of in the middle of your options range.

Worth a look! If you have any questions feel free to ask.
xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending