The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The real exam always goes better than the mocks imo
Under the condition that you are a total prat.
it would be unfair both ways, nobody works for mocks.
Mental illness (i.e. depression, nervous breakdown), but obviously you'd need proof. Unless you're actually ill or whatever, just get on with it.
I got mumps and had to do my GCSEs at home.

I got to drink beer whilst doing my maths exams. None of you did. Life rules.
Glad that didn't happen to me, my mock grades were pretty bad...
Reply 26
I didn't even DO mocks, so I guess I would've been screwed :s-smilie:
The trouble and uncertainty with using one's mock are that he/she may have visited the exam board's website and had already completed the past paper which was the mock and was aware of the answers before taking the mocks themselves. This is practically cheating and would obviously not reflect the true capabilities of the person. Of course, most people would have genuine marks in their mocks but exam board will have to take into consideration your school work throughout your GCSE years as well I presume. That may be why some people's final GCSE grades are lower than the mock when they have missed the main exams.
Reply 28
The majority of people do far better in their real exams than in their mocks, so it's not worth deliberately trying to miss your exams. For example, I can't remember my exact mock grades, but I think I got 3A*s, 4As and 3Bs, or something like that, so I did significantly better in the real exams. At least two people I know went from getting an E in their mocks to an A in the actual thing.
Reply 29
Original post by kashim91
A meteor hits your school when your doing your exams

or u could shoot ur shot and get someone to set ur schl on fire
Reply 30
(Original post by concubine)I got mumps and had to do my GCSEs at home.

I got to drink beer whilst doing my maths exams. None of you did. Life rules.

hillbilly

Latest

Trending

Trending