The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

What is the best Sheffield Hallam Accomodation?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm a current hallam student and I live at leadmill points and am living there next year aswell, really close to everything, great value for money feel free to ask any questions at all :smile:
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by AmyEng
I'm a current hallam student and I live at leadmill points and am living there next year aswell, really close to everything, great value for money feel free to ask any questions at all :smile:

Hey, Amy I'm looking to join Sheffield Hallam next year and applying to Leadmill point, however I'm 6 3 and not very organised so was just wondering how spacious the rooms are (and bed length) I've had a look around liberty works and liberty court for comparison if that helps with the description. Any help is appreciated, thanks Drew
Reply 22
Original post by Drew foster
Hey, Amy I'm looking to join Sheffield Hallam next year and applying to Leadmill point, however I'm 6 3 and not very organised so was just wondering how spacious the rooms are (and bed length) I've had a look around liberty works and liberty court for comparison if that helps with the description. Any help is appreciated, thanks Drew

I'm not sure about actual bed length but the bed isn't particularly big, Think It would be a tad small for you but most accommodations have fairly small beds, Room size I live in non-ensuite which means my room is bigger than the en suite ones, a fair bit of floor space, large desk and a few shelves, I'm not organised and I manage to keep my room tidy. I visited a friend who had a double bed room in forge and my room was a decent amount bigger, Definitely one of the better accommodations (a cleaner comes every 2 weeks and cleans the kitchen and living area which is also great)
Original post by AmyEng
I'm not sure about actual bed length but the bed isn't particularly big, Think It would be a tad small for you but most accommodations have fairly small beds, Room size I live in non-ensuite which means my room is bigger than the en suite ones, a fair bit of floor space, large desk and a few shelves, I'm not organised and I manage to keep my room tidy. I visited a friend who had a double bed room in forge and my room was a decent amount bigger, Definitely one of the better accommodations (a cleaner comes every 2 weeks and cleans the kitchen and living area which is also great)

That's brilliant thanks very much Amy. See you next year! haha :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by AmyEng

If you could recommend any halls which would you say excluding the place you're currently in?
Reply 25
Just accepted my unconditional from SHU. Need to sort my accommodation and finance out now.

Has anyone looked at the Forge 2? or anyone stayed there before?

I'm considering Charlotte court just because of the parking. Does anyone have any idea of the cost?
Reply 26
I just accepted mine too! what you studying? I wanna go to the forge or trigon can't decide either
Reply 27
Original post by ckelly11
If you could recommend any halls which would you say excluding the place you're currently in?

Most halls are fine, main thing is try to get one less than a 15-20 minute walk away from your campus,however I'd say avoid forge if possible, it's had many problems such as days without water and heating, and i know that pinnacles has had a break in this year. Other than that all of the others seem nice and liveable.
Reply 28
I've applied for Victoria Halls & the Forge!

Get joining the FB groups guys!
facebook.com/groups/HallamFreshers & facebook.com/sheffhallamfreshers2015
Reply 29
I've applied for Victoria Halls & the Forge! eeeeek

Get joining the FB groups guys!
facebook.com/groups/HallamFreshers & facebook.com/sheffhallamfreshers2015
Reply 30
I was thinking the Forge but everyone seems to say that's the worst one!

I'm studying Social Work, wbu?
Any physio's decided were there living?

I was thinking the forge, but I've also been looking at the IQ student living
whats the best social accommodation? I was going to choose Victoria Halls but they've stopped taking applicants :frown:
I applied in January and went for Victria halls as first choice and the forge as second. Victoria is in the middle of the city and is incredibly social hence why I really want to go there. My girlfriend is currently staying at Bramall court which is a bit out of the way from everything so I maybe wouldn't go there if you are wanting a crazy social experience.
I live at the forge in a standard en-suite shared flat with 4 other girls I really like it here and I've booked again for a studio in september. Its in walking distance to both city (15 mins) and collegiate (10 mins) campus. The main reception has just been refurbished with a free pool table and ping pong table The price might seem higher than others but it is definitely worth it. The atmosphere here is great too with flat parties and events going on all the time! Another plus is that it is right across from a big Aldi store and just off London road where all your takeaways/ shish bars/ shops etc are! Hope this helps x
whats the best social accommodation? I was going to choose Victoria Halls but they've stopped taking applicants :frown:
Does anybody know what's best for city life? Being close to nightlife and the city in general is crucial to me, Victoria Halls have stopped taking applicants. I'm leaning towards Opal1, but I can't find any details/reviews. Can anyone help?
Original post by CalRichards
Does anybody know what's best for city life? Being close to nightlife and the city in general is crucial to me, Victoria Halls have stopped taking applicants. I'm leaning towards Opal1, but I can't find any details/reviews. Can anyone help?

Iv applied for opal 1, heard it's a good quality accommodation and smack bang in the centre. Near the main drag for nights out so won't need to pay a taxi on the way home

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hannahbear60
Iv applied for opal 1, heard it's a good quality accommodation and smack bang in the centre. Near the main drag for nights out so won't need to pay a taxi on the way home

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I've gone for Opal 1 in the end as well. Heard really good things about the facilities. Gone for Trigon as my second choice.
Opal 1 is absolutely amazing been staying there past few years and fully intend to return this September. Central location right by Victoria Halls and only a minutes walk to West street which is a huge bonus plus the rooms are huge compared to most other places even the single en-suites.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending