The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Could you arrange work experience for any career you're interested in? Then you'd get to see a bit about it and know whether you hate it!
Juno
Could you arrange work experience for any career you're interested in? Then you'd get to see a bit about it and know whether you hate it!

Ive heard dentistry is good. Make alot of money in that field and the hours could be short. I dunno how you can face looking down peoples mouths for a living. Personally i think medicine has a lot more to offer :biggrin:
Reply 3
ledzep15
I will have to select my higher subjects very soon, and would like to know which field to go into,

i have shortlisted my list to chemical engineering/dentistry

id call myself an anxious person, for example id run outta the room if i saw someone faint.
i am interested in medicine, although id like to work for a multi national company, and work in a team.
AND
id like a nice BIG salary :smile:
thanks

wow,chemical engineering/dentistry,quite different,aren't they?dunno why u choose chemical engineering.its lucrative if u start a chemical engineering company.But as a worker,the salary is rather low,at least in China.may be dentist is a better choice. :smile:
Reply 4
the average starting salary for a chem eng is around 20k, the average chartered engineer is on about 60k i think. so not bad id say.
Reply 5
If your going to run out of a room if someone faints then I dont think you should be a dentist.

Latest

Trending

Trending