The Student Room Group

Why did god allow 9/11?

To all you theists out there who believe in an all-powerful and all-knowing god: Why did god allow 9/11? Was he taking a nap at the time?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
God works in mysterious ways/the bible says so
Reply 2
Why did he flood the earth?
Theists will spout their usual bull**** about free will and whatnot, but the Christian God (one of whom's attributes is omnibenevolence), simply couldn't have let it happen, if he truly is all-loving.
Why didn't he allow Frank Lampard's goal against Germany?
Reply 5
I guess the dudes flying the planes were praying to God that the attack would work, and no one else expected it so they hadn't bothered praying that it wouldn't. God has to pick a side somehow, after all.

:dontknow:
Cos he's a dick?
Reply 7
what's 9/11?
Well i think people largely misunderstand the role of God. He is not there to be the galactic policeman, righting wrongs wherever they occur. He's not a superhero. He is not there to make our lives free of any sadness.
Because you touch yourself at night.
Reply 10
Original post by Bslforever
Well i think people largely misunderstand the role of God. He is not there to be the galactic policeman, righting wrongs wherever they occur. He's not a superhero. He is not there to make our lives free of any sadness.

He's not here at all more like
Original post by Pheylan
what's 9/11?

A rather evil fraction. Most people would prefer that our system went from 8/11 straight to 10/11. There are a few extremists around who say that 9/11 was right and deserves recognition alongside 8/11 and 10/11.

...Seriously man...where have you been?
Problem of evil is such a cliche philosophy topic...

Most christians (my mum invluded) argue the free will defence case... but even that is extremeley easy to pick holes in.
Original post by Lewis :D
He's not here at all more like

I've never understood people who take that position.

A position of absolute logic would be to say "I'm open to the idea of a God but do not have any evidence to suggest one exists".

It seems foolish to say absolutely that there is no God.
Reply 14
Why does God allow world wars, starvation, hunger, poverty, natural disasters, suffering? Why does God allow any of it? God knows.
Reply 15
He was just playing with his lego kit...
There is no god, there's your answer.
Reply 17
Allah did.

Allahu akbar!

Edit: :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by thomaskurian89
To all you theists out there who believe in an all-powerful and all-knowing god: Why did god allow 9/11? Was he taking a nap at the time?

Well, look at this:
http://www.cc-cc.org/downloads/september_11.pdf
Reply 19
another 'lets bash theists thread', great, given pretty much every other thread on this forums eventually descends into this farce.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending