The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

what do guys think of pakistani girls?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mel0n
Not a fan of Business Studies myself but OH THE IRONY!!

Fair enough. I guess my thinking is if you're going to discriminate degree-wise at least do it based on challenging/useful subjects(ie: exclude mickey mouse degrees). Why, in the name of all that is holy, would you pick business studies? Not only is it neither an art or a science(where economics could arguably be called a science) it's obscenely popular with the less academically able which to me makes it a huge no-no.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 101
Original post by Khodu
They're fine? I have a few friends who are Pakistani, unfortunately do think they're better than other ethnicities such as mine (Bangladeshi)

Aren't you like all of the same ethnicity though? It was all india half a century ago :s
Reply 102
Original post by 4TSR
Aren't you like all of the same ethnicity though? It was all india half a century ago :s

mm hmm.
Reply 103
Original post by mel0n
mm hmm.

?? :s-smilie:
Reply 104
Being half Pakistani myself with a large Pakistani family on my Dad's side, i can say that there is such a huge mix and contrast between the girls that this question is as relevant as asking someone not what they thought of bread, but what they thought of food as a whole.

I've got a cousin who is proper into herself and tries to rebel against her religion but fails because she lacks the gall to shed the clothes that Islam requires and yet she is very chavvy and arrogant and she just doesn't pull it off.

Or do you want to hear about her sister, who is the sweetest girl you could meet and whose shyness will surely garner her some admiration one day?

Complete opposites and yet they both fit into the category that you are implicitly suggesting, via the nature of the question, is one dimensional and lacklustre.
Reply 105
Original post by 4TSR
?? :s-smilie:

It was all India half a century ago. Today is not half a century ago.
Reply 106
Original post by mel0n
It was all India half a century ago. Today is not half a century ago.

Well obviously not exactly 50 years on the dot... maybe slightly over 60. I forgot when Pakistan got it's independence exactly, and to avoid looking it up because IT IS 4:43 am, I just said half a century ago... Now I did look it up and it was 1947, so wasn't too far off. :smile:
I think they're Pakistani girls.
Original post by shygirl92

I could not live with myself, content or otherwise if i were to drag my parents into dishonour and be living as i pleased.

What sort of freedom is that, which is tainted with the betrayal and disloyalty to my family.

You are allowing your life to be governed by concepts that have no modern use. You have allowed figments of the imagination to run your life.

It is sad to see someone who seems to be intelligent and articulate wishes to use the few years of their life to please others.

You may not think you have the choice. You always have the choice.
Original post by RevisingHard
Wow, jerk much? Once you fall in love, you'll see that it is not about us being ruled under you - soooo much to learn!

It was a tongue in cheek comment :doh:

Original post by Roocky
I'm a pakistani girl, and that is some jackassery :mad: pretty sure the goddess that is Aishwarya Rai is indian, stop trolling.

I was merely responding to the person who commented by saying Pakistanis and Indians are aesthetically similar when this couldn't be further from the truth. Having just searched Aishwariya Rai on google images let's just say she ain't pleasing to my eyes. My opinion still stand and i'm a pretty rational person or so i believe. Indians are a blessed with many things, great bunch of people who have a beautiful/rich culture, polite and hard-working but their folk surely aren't blessed with beauty. You along with others have a right to call me biased when saying 'Pakistani girls are incomparable to Indians in terms of beauty' but it is my opinion on the matter and honestly i don't think Indians are good-looking, period.

Original post by 4TSR

This is a common misconception and hopefully will disappear with time. As a Pakistani we are totally different to Indians from our culture, ethnicity, heritage etc I could go on but for time sake i rather not dwell on this topic. There was no such thing as the word 'India' to the people who had lived their, it was a word solely used by the British to name the land. The sub-continent contains a multitude of ethnicities as for Pakistan apart from Mohajirs who are of Indian descent the rest can hardly be linked with Indians at all. Three out of five of our provinces share no relation at all with Indians as two come from Iranic stock while the other contains a mix of those ethnicites along with those of central asian heritage.

Apologies for what may seem a lengthy reply, i truly appreciate you asking that question as most would honestly rather be ignorant of the differences and just lump both countries together.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 110
Original post by Dr.Sweet Science

This is a common misconception and hopefully will disappear with time. As a Pakistani we are totally different to Indians from our culture, ethnicity, heritage etc I could go on but for time sake i rather not dwell on this topic. There was no such thing as the word 'India' to the people who had lived their, it was a word solely used by the British to name the land. The sub-continent contains a multitude of ethnicities as for Pakistan apart from Mohajirs who are of Indian descent the rest can hardly be linked with Indians at all. Three out of five of our provinces share no relation at all with Indians as two come from Iranic stock while the other contains a mix of those ethnicites along with those of central asian heritage.

Apologies for what may seem a lengthy reply, i truly appreciate you asking that question as most would honestly rather be ignorant of the differences and just lump both countries together.

Greetings Oh Pakistani one :biggrin:

As for your claim, I find it hard to believe specially when the Arabs referred to that whole area as Al-Hind. So how does that work? the whole area shares languages, religions...etc But I suppose there had to be a difference of some sort or the whole separation would not have occurred in the first place. Hmmm... I still can't help but see them all as the same.
Sorry to admit it but some asian women are OMGGGGGGish. Just like the saying a bag may be for life but sometimes you got to let them breathe. The most attractive part of a woman is the face imo so some of them are ok.
But have to be like tasmin lucia khan (formerly bbc now itv)
Original post by 4TSR
Greetings Oh Pakistani one :biggrin:

As for your claim, I find it hard to believe specially when the Arabs referred to that whole area as Al-Hind. So how does that work? the whole area shares languages, religions...etc But I suppose there had to be a difference of some sort or the whole separation would not have occurred in the first place. Hmmm... I still can't help but see them all as the same.

I have a strange feeling you may be Indian but nonetheless i will continue.

Al-Hind mainly refers to people of Hindu descent or people who came from Hindustan(Land of the Hindus), it was used in the past to describe people of the Indus River which is in today's term the people of Sindh whom are known to have had ancestors who followed the Hindu faith along with Punjabis. The Pashtun and Baloch along with Northern Pakistanis we're known to be followers of Zoroastrian/Buddhist faith. Faith is in no way used to determine whether people are of similar origin if it was then Slavs would be the same race as Germanic races. Pakistan has been a part of many empires from Turks, Persian to Afghan yet it doesn't mean we all share the same heritage as those countries mentioned.

Although the main language(Urdu) is an Indian language which was brought over by the ruling elites whom we're Mohajirs. It was never really accepted by the locals a case bought up by the famous Pakistani historian Tariq Ali in his books describing Pakistan. Many Pakistani speak in their regional languages/dialects which are not spoken at all across the border apart from Punjabi which is only spoken by less than 1% of Indians.

Your more than welcome to stay ignorant and not acknowledge the vast differences between the two sets of people.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 113

Your more than welcome to stay ignorant and not acknowledge the vast differences between the two sets of people.

You can claim all you want that there is a difference, and that's fine; but to claim there is a vast difference is just bullax.

They were the same people 60 years ago... The differences you brought up are nothing... You can't just define people by language alone... how many countries would china be then? and if Pakistanis are all similar to each other and different to their Indian neighbours... how come Pakistanis themselves speak many languages and have different religions? Across India/Pak/Bangladesh - you have the same set of major set of languages and same set of religions (Muslim, Hindu, Sikh) + (Punjabi+Urdu) They eat the same food and listen to the same music more or less... how the bloody hell can you even claim there are "vast" differences? There are vast differences between the Egyptians and the French, not between Pakistanis and Indians... and I am not Indian no.
Original post by 4TSR
You can claim all you want that there is a difference, and that's fine; but to claim there is a vast difference is just bullax.

They were the same people 60 years ago... The differences you brought up are nothing... You can't just define people by language alone... how many countries would china be then? and if Pakistanis are all similar to each other and different to their Indian neighbours... how come Pakistanis themselves speak many languages and have different religions? Across India/Pak/Bangladesh - you have the same set of major set of languages and same set of religions (Muslim, Hindu, Sikh) + (Punjabi+Urdu) They eat the same food and listen to the same music more or less... how the bloody hell can you even claim there are "vast" differences? There are vast differences between the Egyptians and the French, not between Pakistanis and Indians... and I am not Indian no.

I will claim there is a vast difference because it is nothing but the truth and only your ignorance blinds your from seeing that.

As i stated before Punjabi is not even spoken by 99% of Indians and Urdu is hardly understood or spoken in all the provinces of Pakistan. As for religion last time i checked it was around 99% who followed the Islamic faith with the second highest religious minority being Christianity which gets no mention on your list which completely highlights your ignorance.

So now the language issue has been resolved you want to bring up the local cuisine and music? I could also inform you off the differences in both music aswell as our cuisine to from the North to KP and Balochi but I'm honestly done with this conversation as your clearly beating around the bush.
Reply 115
Original post by Khodu
They're fine? I have a few friends who are Pakistani, unfortunately do think they're better than other ethnicities such as mine (Bangladeshi)

Agreed. Noticed that attitude in quite a few pakis...so full of themselves :rolleyes:
Reply 116
I will claim there is a vast difference because it is nothing but the truth and only your ignorance blinds your from seeing that.

As i stated before Punjabi is not even spoken by 99% of Indians and Urdu is hardly understood or spoken in all the provinces of Pakistan. As for religion last time i checked it was around 99% who followed the Islamic faith with the second highest religious minority being Christianity which gets no mention on your list which completely highlights your ignorance.

So now the language issue has been resolved you want to bring up the local cuisine and music? I could also inform you off the differences in both music aswell as our cuisine to from the North to KP and Balochi but I'm honestly done with this conversation as your clearly beating around the bush.

Wikipedia says almost 8% of Pakistan speaks Urdu... Look at the demographic tables of both countries then compare. The fact that you claim you have different music and foods and languages and religion between you and them just shows how much of in denial you are.

of course there will be difference - all the Muslims of India (or the ones that could) moved to what is now Pakistan... Don't even try and tell me someone just drew a line across India and there just happens to be different languages/religions on one side and not the other? Why all this denial lol. You are so blatantly of Indian roots as is single Pakistani/Bengali... 70 years ago you would be Indian... Pakistan didn't exist lol and you tell me there is a difference.

If we want to have it your way, we might as well split china into god knows how many states... and Germany too? there are parts of Canada where French is spoken most, let us make another separate state there... You do not understand the concept of ethnicity, this is your problem. There are bigger differences between people within Russia than there are differences between Indians/Pakistanis.
Reply 117
Original post by lt001
I'm sorry it's copyrighted.

That's too bad! :frown:
Reply 118
Some are hot, not worth all the family issues though.
Reply 119
i'd poke it

Latest

Trending

Trending