The Student Room Group

Can I do A level Biology with my qualifications?

I am planning on doing a degree in Psychology at Uni, but have checked most university requirements which state that an A level in science should be taken. In my GCSE's I achieved a Distinction* in BTEC Science diploma, and I am currently doing AS English literature, History & Psychology. Is it possible for me to do A level Biology next year as an AS alongside my current subjects? Or is my BTEC grade not acceptable?
Reply 1
Normally there isn't a restriction or minimum qualification you need to be able to take Biology A-Level (at least, not in my experience). At my school, the science GCSEs you could take were either Single, Double or Triple Science, and they recommended Triple if you wanted to do any A-Levels in Science just so you'd have more in-depth knowledge, but you were still allowed to even if you hadn't done Triple. So just ask your teachers or find out what your school thinks about it, there shouldn't really be anything getting in your way, you just might need to work extra hard to catch up on anything you might have missed :smile:
Original post by Mz-Nmh
I am planning on doing a degree in Psychology at Uni, but have checked most university requirements which state that an A level in science should be taken. In my GCSE's I achieved a Distinction* in BTEC Science diploma, and I am currently doing AS English literature, History & Psychology. Is it possible for me to do A level Biology next year as an AS alongside my current subjects? Or is my BTEC grade not acceptable?

Generally, Sixth Forms don't accept the 'BTEC Science diploma' that you're offering. Perhaps they can make an exception if your other GCSE's (such as Mathematics) are to A/A* grade.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending