The Student Room Group

Do any of your friends keep buying the same clothes as you?

This is mainly amied at guys, one of my friends has 3 of the same pairs of jeans (all of which I got first) and he just got the same leather jacket as me for christmas :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Not something I've encountered :holmes:
Reply 2
Boo hoo. :hand:
Reply 3
Lol no. Never.

You guys must be very similar??
Original post by Skilfulbil
This is mainly amied at guys, one of my friends has 3 of the same pairs of jeans (all of which I got first) and he just got the same leather jacket as me for christmas :frown:

yes. hahaha, Yes this is true.

I look up to you. I love your jeans and leather coat. I even got the same red silky tights as you.
yeah im kind of a big deal, i own many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany
Nah, they don't have the money.
Reply 7
I used to get rinsed by my mates for the clothes I wear. Now they're all wearing them. Hypocrites.
Reply 8
This is probably more likely to be a problem amongst girls, especially going by my own personal experience.

This one girl I used to be friends with first started copying how I did my eye makeup, then how I parted and styled my hair, then where I shopped, then what I bought, then what shoes...at one point she was even copying how I shaped my eyebrows FFS. All this whilst she was also imitating my choice to go into Beauty Pageants and Modelling.

In the end I told her I wasn't happy and we don't speak anymore. No great loss to me.

EDIT: Got negged for this. Ha. Haters gon' hate :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
One of my mates bought an All Saints t-shirt and it bugged me cause she'd never in her life worn one until I started going nuts for the stuff. But she wore it in a way that made it look nothing like an All Saints t-shirt, so it didn't bother me that much! lol.

But generally, I have quite an eclectic style anyway and buy more expensive pieces... most of my mates raid Primark and New Look.
Reply 10
I don't really have a particular style, I pick and choose from different styles and fashions and whatnot depending on what I like and what I feel like wearing any particular day...would make it kind of hard to copy. I do own a few of the same items of clothes as a couple of friends but I think it's entirely coincidence, really.
Hmm. I bought pretty much the same dress as my friend has. That's the only time I can think of though.
Reply 12
Are you fortunate in the girl's department? Maybe he wants to be also and thinks that he can be if he emulates your style?
Original post by abi24
this is probably more likely to be a problem amongst girls, especially going by my own personal experience.

This one girl i used to be friends with first started copying how i did my eye makeup, then how i parted and styled my hair, then where i shopped, then what i bought, then what shoes...at one point she was even copying how i shaped my eyebrows ffs. All this whilst she was also imitating my choice to go into beauty pageants and modelling.

In the end i told her i wasn't happy and we don't speak anymore. No great loss to me.

omg you're ms. Loughborough 2010
Reply 14
spend more, it stops happening
It has been happening more and more recentley -.-

I get certain things, then my best friend is getting them too?! I haven't the heart to tell him some of the stuff wont suit him as we're so different in looks wise, build etc.
Original post by Abi24
This is probably more likely to be a problem amongst girls, especially going by my own personal experience.

..In the end I told her I wasn't happy and we don't speak anymore. No great loss to me...

Agree!

I'm scared of this happening with one of my friends :frown: which is why I hardly see her anymore (as in, I've seen her 3 times in 2010 and those were things I couldn't get out of!). She just doesn't seem to understand how annoying it is :angry: - I mean yeah you can dress like your friends if you like their style etc, but don't copy it to the point that you look like twins ffs! The most annoying thing is though, she'll update Facebook with status' about someone else copying her etc and I'm like wtf! Grrrrrrr
Reply 17
Argh. This is SO annoying.

One of my friends always asks where I bought an item of clothing, and then goes out and buys it. SO I've stopped telling her now, I just pretend that I can't remember or say it was a gift.

This one time we were shopping, and I saw a top I liked so I picked it up to buy it. She sees me holding it and goes, oh that's nice, I'll get one too. Then as I was going to pay, I changed my mind, partly because she'd also picked it up but also because I was wary of the quality. When she saw that I'd decided not to buy it, she put hers down too and said "I'm not getting it if you're not"..Needless to say, I don't shop with her anymore. Irritates me just thinking about it.
Original post by Innately_Hedonistic
yeah im kind of a big deal, i own many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany

best film ever :biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by SuperStarr1
Agree!

I'm scared of this happening with one of my friends :frown: which is why I hardly see her anymore (as in, I've seen her 3 times in 2010 and those were things I couldn't get out of!). She just doesn't seem to understand how annoying it is :angry: - I mean yeah you can dress like your friends if you like their style etc, but don't copy it to the point that you look like twins ffs! The most annoying thing is though, she'll update Facebook with status' about someone else copying her etc and I'm like wtf! Grrrrrrr

Same with the girl I know, she'll go on and on about how her "friends" copy her and i'm like "grrrrrr you hypocrite! :angry: "

It's got to the point now that if we're in the same place we won't talk, and I'll try my best to avoid her. Or wear something she couldn't pull off in a million years/something if she copied it would be obvious...so I can laugh at her trying.

Quick Reply

Latest