The Student Room Group

DSA and NHS bursaries

I have a physical disability and my college said I'll eligible for DSA at university. I'm currently in the process of applying for 2011. However, I am applying for Social Work which receives an NHS bursary. Someone told me I won't be eligible for DSA if I get a bursary. Does anyone know if this is true?

Thank you.
Reply 1
Theres some info here:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/EducationAndTraining/HigherEducation/DG_10034898

Im on a SW course, my friend gets DSA (Or whatever the equivalent is called, Im not sure) and the bursary through the NHS. She gets help with computer equipment, printing costs, that sort of thing etc.
Reply 2
I'm currently studying Social Work and receiving DSA. I can't see why you wouldn't be able to to claim help from SFE while on your course. Your friend may be confused because there are different types of NHS bursary with the medical based bursaries they have to claim help through the NHS bursary section rather than SFE and i think may be applicable too if you are doing the MA in social work rather than the BA.

Either way you'll get help from one of them.
Reply 3
Thank you for the replies. I'm applying for the BA.

Quick Reply

Latest