The Student Room Group

A2 Geography - AQA exam 1/2/11

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Jamstar
...Why would it be bar chart? We had three figures that totalled 100%. That implies the use of a pie chart because they can clearly show proportionality.

I'm still not sure how you'd get 7 marks for that question though :p:

yeah that's what i think as well :smile:
so i guess we had put the correct answer :biggrin:
Reply 61
Original post by elph
yeah that's what i think as well :smile:
so i guess we had put the correct answer :biggrin:

I don't know if you'd be classed as 'wrong' for putting bar chart anyway, because I suppose you could use one. It wouldn't really be as helpful though, so the points for justifying the choice might be harder to obtain :p:

What did people write about for the 'evaluate the three developments' question?
Reply 62
How were everyone's results? Resitting here...
Reply 63
I got 80/80! I can't believe it! :biggrin:

And I got 110/120 in the other A2 unit, so I have an A*. Really, really pleased, seeing as I had a mid-B at AS. First A* ever at my sixth form too :p:

Thought I'd done so much worse too!
I got an A! YAY! :woo:
*stupid question*
But if we resit this does it mean it will be on another topic and not Belfast regeneration?
Reply 66
Original post by makingamemory
*stupid question*
But if we resit this does it mean it will be on another topic and not Belfast regeneration?

It'll be on a completely different topic. You'll get another pre-release booklet in April (I think) :smile:
*stupid question*

Yeah :smile: if you resit you'll get a new advanced booklet on the 1st April I think, and it will be something completely new.
Original post by DellaLouise
Yeah :smile: if you resit you'll get a new advanced booklet on the 1st April I think, and it will be something completely new.

Original post by Jamstar
It'll be on a completely different topic. You'll get another pre-release booklet in April (I think) :smile:

Thanks.
*sighs* looks like a resit is out of the question then. Bye bye, A
Reply 69
Thanks.
*sighs* looks like a resit is out of the question then. Bye bye, A

Awww, don't be too pessimistic. If you didn't do very well in this last exam, don't worry, the next topic might be a lot better for you.

Maybe get your paper back and see what happened.
Original post by Jamstar
Awww, don't be too pessimistic. If you didn't do very well in this last exam, don't worry, the next topic might be a lot better for you.

Maybe get your paper back and see what happened.

I can't resit it if it's a different topic as I already have 2 other resits and 3 new exams one being Art which is 15 hours. I don't know where I can find the time to learn a new topic especially when I thought I knew this one and answered the questions correctly only to just scrape a pass. Plus we wouldn't be able to go through it in class as there isn't any time so it'd just be me trying to figure it out.
Congrats to everyone who got the marks they wanted :smile:!

I thought I knew this topic and have ended up with a low B when I got over 90% last year, really frustrated because I worked really hard and don't have a clue what I did wrong - my question by question marks are the exact opposite to how I felt they went as well. Oh well hopefully remark/paper back will explain things :s-smilie:! Really want to avoid a resit as well as I have 3 other A2 exams that week and Art in the prerelease time but I've entered and will wait and see!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending