The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Are the flats in Stafford Court, Staffordshire Uni single sex?

Hi, are the flats/houses or whatever at Stafford Court all single sex? :smile:
Reply 1
Nope
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Ground floor is all male, En Suite is mixed, and the other floors are same sex. Not sure about Yarlet.
Shame! I was kind of looking forward to not having to share a flat completely with just girls, but guys also!! Oh well! A girl can dream! :frown:
Yarlet when I was there last year was an entirely male building.
Reply 5
flats can be all mixed however in halls at the stafford the men will outnumber the girls so chances are lots of flats will be all male. if you choose ensuite you are likely to be in a mixed sex flat. no ensuite means the flat will be single sex.
Reply 6
I live in ensuite, and have no girls in the flat, and have a number of friends who live in other ensuite flats (some in the same halls, some in others) which also have no girls. I haven't talked to anyone in ensuite who has a mixed sex flat (standard or not) and other than a "heard from a friend who was told by a friend who overheard someone in lecture say..." scenarios, I haven't heard anyone (on campus, not on the internet) mention, or met anyone living in, any mixed sex flats of any type in Stafford Court either.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Standard flats = single sex
Ensuites can be mixed however depends on the numbers etc.
Yarlet is all male every year.

The reason for same sex standard is to ensure privacy for women and/or men as they are shared shower rooms so you have to walk up and down the corridor to get to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending