The Student Room Group

Why do ugly/fat girls get more male attention in clubs than pretty girls?

Whenever I go out with a group of my female friends, I notice that the overweight one or the ones that are generally considered ugly get so many guys approaching them on nights out in clubs. The really pretty ones (two of them are models) don't get guys coming up to them anywhere near as much. I've actually noticed this pattern with different groups of my female friends, so I don't think it's a coincidence. Do you think it's because guys assume fat girls or ugly girls are more desperate or have lower standards and are more likely to say 'yes'?

Scroll to see replies

Easy sex.
more likely to get some action, it might seem despicable to you but it's club culture.
the guy is less likely to be rejected? :dontknow:
Surely like its a confidence thing, I mean they don't want to be turned down by a hot chick because well yeah that would seriously hurt but less attractive girls are more likely to say yes
so from now on if a guy aprroaches me in a club i'll think i'm fat and ugly.
Girls as good looking as models would have really high standards, also a lot of guys would be intimidated to approach them.
Reply 7
Yeah fat girls easy to get with. But also, the air with which some of these "attractive" girls regard themselves. Jesus, I'd rather shag a fat girl than some stuck up bitch anyday. Unless the really stuck up bitch was offering... :-P
Do they? Really? Don't know what clubs you've been going to.
Reply 9
Guys tend to be intimidated by girls who are drop dead gorgeous, they think they don't stand a chance what so ever :wink:
I know a number of girls whom people whould stop and stare at because they're so damn pretty but don't get approached by guys...
Reply 10
My cousin is a prime example of this. Mind you, she's made quite a name for herself in Sheffield, well, anywhere she goes, and is renowned for being easy. I disown her.
Reply 11
Guys usually wont go for the most stunning girl in a group for fear of rejection.
What kind of places have you been going to? Do you seriously think deformed heffers are getting all of the guys?!

Of course a guy might feel more inclined to go for a plainer girl rather than a supah hot one out of fear of getting rejected, ect. ect....but I seriously doubt they'd go near someone who was completely unfortunate in the looks department :/
yeah much less chance of rejection but i wouldn't go as far as saying they get more attention then the pretty looking one...not where i go anyways
Original post by Menakshelatte
so from now on if a guy aprroaches me in a club i'll think i'm fat and ugly.

I had 10 approach me in one night so I must be really hideous according to the OP (I am not very pretty so didn't understand why I was being approached).
Reply 15
Man that jumps on grenade, is more likely to get blown.
-Ancient Chinese saying about ugly chicks that I just made up
Reply 16
Original post by Anonymous
Whenever I go out with a group of my female friends, I notice that the overweight one or the ones that are generally considered ugly get so many guys approaching them on nights out in clubs. The really pretty ones (two of them are models) don't get guys coming up to them anywhere near as much. I've actually noticed this pattern with different groups of my female friends, so I don't think it's a coincidence. Do you think it's because guys assume fat girls or ugly girls are more desperate or have lower standards and are more likely to say 'yes'?

men are can actually be quite shy in reality, they are intimidated by the pretty ones.:ike:
Reply 17
Depends, are the men that are hitting on your friends people you would go for? If the men aren't decent themselves I wouldn't worry.
Well this is reassuring. I haven't even started clubbing properly yet (got another year to go), but now I know I'm going to be a magnet for every male in the club. I'll have them literally orbiting me.

Thanks, thanks very much.
Reply 19
Original post by lechaton-x
What kind of places have you been going to? Do you seriously think deformed heffers are getting all of the guys?!

Of course a guy might feel more inclined to go for a plainer girl rather than a supah hot one out of fear of getting rejected, ect. ect....but I seriously doubt they'd go near someone who was completely unfortunate in the looks department :/

So you've never heard of a fat, ugly girl who sleeps around? Obviously guys would have to go near them in order for this to happen.

Latest