The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

merhaba, nasilsiniz?:smile:

I wonder if this is the same group I joined, that you are speaking about.:confused: Anyway I'm American but trying to learn Turkish.:colondollar: Been at it on my own for about 6 months now.

And I have noticed that TSR can't display certain Turkish letters so you have to improvise if you want to write it here.:smile: I would guess Turkish other speakers would know what you're trying to say.
Original post by Zebracolors
merhaba, nasilsiniz?:smile:

I wonder if this is the same group I joined, that you are speaking about.:confused: Anyway I'm American but trying to learn Turkish.:colondollar: Been at it on my own for about 6 months now.

And I have noticed that TSR can't display certain Turkish letters so you have to improvise if you want to write it here.:smile: I would guess Turkish other speakers would know what you're trying to say.

Merhaba,
Your artwork is amazing! :biggrin:
Original post by xander01
Thank you very much for your greeting :smile:
Did you stay at eski?ehir ? and Where do you live now :smile:

Ayvalik'ta bir yazligim var, ordan bir kac tane Es Es'li taniyorum.

Ben Londra'da dogup buyudum. Simdi Aberdeen'de okuyorum. Turk'um ama, baba tarafindan Kibris'liyim, ana tarafindan Sivas'li. Kibris'a hic gitmedim, ama Sivas'a hep giderdim. Onun icin ben kendimi Anadolu'lu olarak sayiyorum (zaten pasaportta 'Sivas' yaziyor). Onun icin biz Anadolu kardesiz.

Siz Eskisehir'de mi okuyormusunuz? Cok iyi bir universite sehir oldugunu duydum.

Required translation:

Hello, I hope you enjoy your time in TSR.

It is very nice place with very nice people. I make sure you have good time here. You stay close to me.

Eskisehir nice place. But TSR is nicest place.

haloturk
Add one more turk ...

Yes boss.

haloturk
Looking to do aeronautical engineering in southampton if i get my grades

Good luck with that. You don't have to revise though, there's a simple trick that's always worked for me. After you've sat down for your exam, shout 'Bismillah!', and you'll get good grades. If it doesn't work, then you didn't shout loud enough.

Last time I did it, everyone looked at me, but I didn't care because I was given an easy paper. :wink2:

ibelongtoslytherin
Someone was kind enough to invite me. Thanks!

You have me to thank for that. :colonhash:

Spoiler

zebracolors
merhaba, nasilsiniz?

Fena degilim, sagol. Gotum biraz kasiniyor, ama ondan baska iyiyim. Sordugun icin tesekkur ederim.

Required translation:

DO....YOU....SPEAK....ENGLISH TURKISH?!

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Selam turks!
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
Merhaba,
Your artwork is amazing! :biggrin:

Thank you much!:smile:

Ve Ramocito, belki biraz Turkce biliyorum.

I feel like I have become familiar with much of the grammar and I can recognize many words if I hear them in songs or on Turkish TV. I am also trying to learn new words all the time. I need more vocal practice though.
Surprising to see the Turkish population increasing :redface:
Reply 46
*RamocitoMorales

Yes , I am studying mechanical engineering in eski?ehir. You alright , Eski?ehir has 2 universty so has a lot of student. Many students come from sivas to eski?ehir for education.I love them because they lively and good friend.Furthermore , Ayval?k is wonderful place. I went to Alt?noluk last summer so I saw ayval?k at the same time.
Original post by ZombieCombat
Selam turks!

Ve aleykum selam!

What distant land have you travelled from sir?

Zebracolors
Ve Ramocito, belki biraz Turkce biliyorum.

Umarimdir biliyorsunuz. :h:

Required translation:

No, I don't eat cheese with sardines. :angry:

Zebracolors
I feel like I have become familiar with much of the grammar and I can recognize many words if I hear them in songs or on Turkish TV. I am also trying to learn new words all the time. I need more vocal practice though.

I have a Turkish friend who's become very adept at English. His method you ask? Well he listens to English (well American) music and memorizes the lyrics (by listening to it over and over again for weeks), and it's quite amazing how well his English has developed as a result of it (as well as school and stuff I suppose).

I'm not sure it works for everyone, but in terms of your understanding, it seems as if the media has been of a great help to you. I hope it will continue to develop, and in turn, your vocal skills should too.

:pierre:

ChaoticSkills
Surprising to see the Turkish population increasing

We breed like rabbits. :jiggy:

xander01
Yes , I am studying mechanical engineering in eski?ehir. You alright , Eski?ehir has 2 universty so has a lot of student. Many students come from sivas to eski?ehir for education.I love them because they lively and good friend.

Sivas is a great student city as well, look (they could do with some engineers though). :wink2:

Spoiler

xander01
Furthermore , Ayval?k is wonderful place. I went to Alt?noluk last summer so I saw ayval?k at the same time.

Yes, it is a beautiful place. My main problems with it are the olive trees, I prefer pine. And the sand could be of a lighter colour. But yes, a beautiful place nonetheless and I hope you had a good holiday.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 48
*RamocitoMorales

Yes , we love the beach but we can use it only summer because of eski?ehir quite hot even in summer :frown: .
This beach in kentpark. Furthermore , you can se a few apartment buildings in this picture. This apartments have the most expensive flats in eski?ehir.All people want to live there :smile:

Yes , I had a good time there and you actually right , if there are a lot of pine trees , Ayval?k looks like turkish delight :smile:

Anyway , I should go to bed because I can not keep open my eyes :smile:
See you later :smile:
lol I thought you guys should check this video out koptum yalanim yok gulmekten ustume iseyiyordum :redface:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waS-P4gVYPY

English translatation: I laughed so hard I nearly pissed myself don't give me another warning :redface:
Original post by RamocitoMorales
My main problems with it are the olive trees, I prefer pine.

And what is wrong with olive trees?

They're like one of the most useful types of trees you can find in the Mediterranean. They're used for oil, fine wood, olive leaf, fruits and healing teas.
Burning the remains of it makes 2.5x more energy than burning the same amount of wood whilst at the same time not creating harmful smoke, and the ash left from this process can be used for fertilizing gardens and plants.

Spoiler

Original post by ChaoticSkills
lol I thought you guys should check this video out koptum yalanim yok gulmekten ustume iseyiyordum :redface:

English translatation: I laughed so hard I nearly pissed myself don't give me another warning :redface:

It's like being back at Turkish School again...
(edited 13 years ago)
And what is wrong with olive trees?

The colour of their leaves is a very bland shade of green, and their trunks are almost white. A few olive trees can be a pretty sight when submerged with other plants, but thousands upon thousands of them don't exactly offer the best backdrop to the sea.

hollywoodbudgie
They're like one of the most useful types of trees you can find in the Mediterranean. They're used for oil, fine wood, olive leaf, fruits and healing teas.
Burning the remains of it makes 2.5x more energy than burning the same amount of wood whilst at the same time not creating harmful smoke, and the ash left from this process can be used for fertilizing gardens and plants.

Why would I care about their use? I don't go on holiday to 'use' them. I go there to look at them (among numerous other reasons). They're not as nice to look at as pine trees. Hence why Fetihye is a nicer looking coastal location. Though Ayvalik also has pine trees, the surrounding area is like a seemingly never-ending farmyard of olive trees.

ChaoticSkills
lol I thought you guys should check this video out koptum yalanim yok gulmekten ustume iseyiyordum

Demekki Apaci dansi Ingiltere'yede getirdiler... :lolwut:

Translation:

You gay brah! :lolwut:
Reply 52
lets see if we can keep this society goin!
Reply 53
15 members ;D
Reply 54
I have a problem about my english listening. For example I can understand when I read something but if I only listen to it , I can't understand all right. Could you give me some information about it . What Can I improve my listening. I live in turkey so I can't find somebody to practising english
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by RamocitoMorales
The colour of their leaves is a very bland shade of green, and their trunks are almost white. A few olive trees can be a pretty sight when submerged with other plants, but thousands upon thousands of them don't exactly offer the best backdrop to the sea.

Difference of opinion then. :smile:

I have a problem about my english listening. For example I can understand when I read something but if I only listen to it , I can't understand all right. Could you give me some information about it . What Can I improve my listening. I live in turkey so I can't find somebody to practising english

I think you should try watching films with English audio and Turkish subs.
Ramocito mentioned something about listening to English music before, which might help you.

Original post by Mr.Messy
15 members ;D

:banana2:

Btw, great Liverpool game today. :wink2:
(edited 13 years ago)
I have a problem about my english listening. For example I can understand when I read something but if I only listen to it , I can't understand all right. Could you give me some information about it.

It's because native English speakers talk at a rate faster than you can comprehend, and the words they speak are distorted by colloquialism and their accents.

English, and most other languages are very different from Turkish. Where, in Turkish, the language is spoken as it is written and written as it is spoken, English and most other languages are otherwise.

xander01
What Can I improve my listening.

'I think you should try watching films with English audio and Turkish subs.'

Watch it with English subtitles as well. This should help, particularly if you reading is better than your understand, as is usually the case. Watching it in Turkish subtitles won't help so much. It will be a leeway from being forced to understand the English. For example, do you think my Chinese improves any bit when I watch 'Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon', or 'House of Flying Daggers' in English subtitles and Chinese audio?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 57

:banana2:

Btw, great Liverpool game today. :wink2:

We lost. Again. :rolleyes:
I was more interested in the performance, but as soon as I saw Howard Webb as the ref, I knew our fate was sealed. :colone:

There were improvements though! :lfc:
Reply 58
yeah i wanna add some thread but,, until not....
Original post by Mr.Messy
We lost. Again. :rolleyes:
I was more interested in the performance, but as soon as I saw Howard Webb as the ref, I knew our fate was sealed. :colone:

There were improvements though! :lfc:

:rofl: The picture Babel posted on his Twitter page:

Spoiler

Original post by Jinkazama
yeah i wanna add some thread but,, until not....

Selam arkadas?

Original post by Zebracolors
Thank you much!:smile:

I've just realised that there's quite a few Turkish people on DeviantArt.
I'm surprised I didn't notice that before considering how many accounts I have there.
Are you a member of the TurkSanat group?

Quick Reply