The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1240
Original post by Akkuz
The best football team in Turkey :party2:

Türkiye'de sadece bir takım var... FENER!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1241
Original post by xxm

The league table says otherwise :wink:
Original post by xxm

:zomg:

There is a Fenerli amongst us as well! :afraid:

(This could make the otherwise dead thread more active I suppose).
Reply 1243
Original post by hollywoodbudgie

Doubtful. Last time I tried to drum up some activity, it failed. :sad:
Reply 1244
Original post by Akkuz
The league table says otherwise :wink:

Next season will be our season. We have the mighty ALEX! :biggrin:
Reply 1245
:zomg:

There is a Fenerli amongst us as well! :afraid:

:biggrin: Supported them because of my baba. :biggrin:
Original post by Akkuz
Doubtful. Last time I tried to drum up some activity, it failed. :sad:

The thread needs more regulars, that's why. :sad:

(According to your signature)... Congratulations on your offer to Cambridge btw! :party2:
Reply 1247
Original post by xxm
Next season will be our season. We have the mighty ALEX! :biggrin:

I think 18 league titles apiece now, so next season will be interesting :biggrin:

The thread needs more regulars, that's why. :sad:

(According to your signature)... Congratulations on your offer to Cambridge btw! :party2:

Yeah I know. There just isn't enough people around :P

Thanks :smile: Just need to get the grades now. No pressure :afraid:
Reply 1248
Original post by Akkuz
I think 18 league titles apiece now, so next season will be interesting :biggrin:

Yeah I know. There just isn't enough people around :P

Thanks :smile: Just need to get the grades now. No pressure :afraid:

It will be interesting.

Congratulations on the Cambridge offer! Good job! :biggrin:
Reply 1249
Original post by xxm
It will be interesting.

Congratulations on the Cambridge offer! Good job! :biggrin:

Gala will win it next season again of course :wink:

Reply 1250
Original post by Akkuz
Gala will win it next season again of course :wink:

I'm confident with Moussa Sow and some additional signings will be champions once again. :colondollar:

On a side note Arda Turan is my favourite player, so much quality.
Reply 1251
Original post by xxm
I'm confident with Moussa Sow and some additional signings will be champions once again. :colondollar:

On a side note Arda Turan is my favourite player, so much quality.

He's a fantastic player. I think a lot of people thought we'd crumble after he left, but we haven't done too bad!

But it was obvious that he had to leave and play in a better league. I reckon he will return one day.
Reply 1252
Original post by Akkuz
He's a fantastic player. I think a lot of people thought we'd crumble after he left, but we haven't done too bad!

But it was obvious that he had to leave and play in a better league. I reckon he will return one day.

I thought you'd crumble tbh, but surprised everyone. On paper I think our team is stronger than yours.

He did have to go I really, really wanted to see him come to the PL. Don't know if he could cope though because he isn't the quickest. Probably La Liga suits him better.
Reply 1253
Original post by xxm
I thought you'd crumble tbh, but surprised everyone. On paper I think our team is stronger than yours.

He did have to go I really, really wanted to see him come to the PL. Don't know if he could cope though because he isn't the quickest. Probably La Liga suits him better.

Admittedly I don't follow the league as much as I would like to. Don't have time to follow the premier league and the turkish league, on top of uni work :sad: I agree, our league triumph this season has come as a slight surprise tbh.

Absolutely. La Liga suits him much better. I reckon if he came to the Premier League he'd be Tuncay #2.

Disappointed were not in the Euro's either.
Reply 1254
Original post by Akkuz
Admittedly I don't follow the league as much as I would like to. Don't have time to follow the premier league and the turkish league, on top of uni work :sad: I agree, our league triumph this season has come as a slight surprise tbh.

Absolutely. La Liga suits him much better. I reckon if he came to the Premier League he'd be Tuncay #2.

Disappointed were not in the Euro's either.

Same. We always seem to do really well if we qualify... We rarely qualify though.:frown:
Reply 1255
The Turkish national team is just too annoying. Do spectacularly in Euro 08... fail to qualify for the next 2 major tournaments... :colonhash:

How I miss hearing Turkish people go mad and start honking their cars after a goal in Euro 2008. :moon:

Don't think the national team will do great for another 2-3 tournaments. We're losing lots of promising young kids to other teams like Germany and Holland. :shakecane:
Reply 1256
Original post by Mr.Messy
The Turkish national team is just too annoying. Do spectacularly in Euro 08... fail to qualify for the next 2 major tournaments... :colonhash:

How I miss hearing Turkish people go mad and start honking their cars after a goal in Euro 2008. :moon:

Don't think the national team will do great for another 2-3 tournaments. We're losing lots of promising young kids to other teams like Germany and Holland. :shakecane:

When I become Prime Minister I'll make sure this doesn't happen anymore :ahee:
Reply 1257
Original post by Mr.Messy

Ozil. :angry:
Reply 1258
Original post by xxm
Ozil. :angry:

As a supporter, I'm disappointed in him. We need our best players to play for us.

But if I were a player in the same situation I'd do the same tbh. :ninja:

Sound a like hypocrite now. :colondollar:
Reply 1259
If we didn't lose all these players we'd be a mini Spain. :moon:

Quick Reply

Latest