The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by G_S

I refused to do any work today...I was revising for amino acids like 6 years ago:biggrin:

I seem to have been revising them all my life. When will it end? :cry2:
I know how you guys feel, I've been working all day today I need to hand this 3,000 word essay by tommorow afternoon or Im going to fail. The workload has just been too much this year, I handed in another 2,800 essay the other day but like the stupid idiot I am I left it till the last minute again. I seriously wish I chose a different subject at times :frown:
Reply 162
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
I seem to have been revising them all my life. When will it end? :cry2:

There seems to be an end to everything :smile: so hopefully very soon :smile: I hated all biology/chemistry/maths..won't ever forget those days:rolleyes:
Reply 163
Original post by ChaoticSkills
I know how you guys feel, I've been working all day today I need to hand this 3,000 word essay by tommorow afternoon or Im going to fail. The workload has just been too much this year, I handed in another 2,800 essay the other day but like the stupid idiot I am I left it till the last minute again. I seriously wish I chose a different subject at times :frown:

What are you studying?
Reply 164
My essay is driving me crazy. Just when I think I have finished and print it out I realise there is a mistake.

Damn, sounds like you're under a lot of pressure. :frown:
Are you on your final year?
I keep wondering whether I picked the right subject for myself as well. It's a terrifying thought.
I honestly have no idea what I want to do after studying at QMUL- get out of London that's for sure, but how, where and to do what?

Original post by G_S
What are you studying?

Biomedical Sciences at QMUL :smile:

Original post by G_S
My essay is driving me crazy. Just when I think I have finished and print it out I realise there is a mistake.

:console: I get that when I do essays all the time. If possible, get someone else to read over it?
(edited 13 years ago)
lol im high on redbull :biggrin: 1500 words done ooo ye :biggrin:
I keep wondering whether I picked the right subject for myself as well. It's a terrifying thought.
I honestly have no idea what I want to do after studying at QMUL- get out of London that's for sure, but how, where and to do what?

Yep, it's my final year I stuffed up my first year because I didn't know how to structure an essay to save my life or how to reference but I think im slowly getting the hang of it :cool:

and don't worry about it I've always been under pressure it's part of being me lol :biggrin:
Reply 168
so like sharing
Im soooo tired, just one last section to write about then I can go and hand this thing in it's been such a wrench writing it
Reply 170
Im soooo tired, just one last section to write about then I can go and hand this thing in it's been such a wrench writing it

what are u studying?
Reply 171

Biomedical Sciences at QMUL :smile:

:console: I get that when I do essays all the time. If possible, get someone else to read over it?

offf man my friend studied biomedical science and then she worked in a lab for two years now she has gone back to uni to study denistry.
Reply 172
Have any of u guys heard of Kansas - Dust in the wind song? its beautiful
lol im high on redbull :biggrin: 1500 words done ooo ye :biggrin:

Red bull gives you...

....black teeth! :afraid:

Yep, it's my final year I stuffed up my first year because I didn't know how to structure an essay to save my life or how to reference but I think im slowly getting the hang of it :cool:

I might stuff up my first year for having spent my time at university learning more about Vikings than about the cell membrane. :cry2:
That and I can't seem to do any calculations correctly.

and don't worry about it I've always been under pressure it's part of being me lol :biggrin:

With this knowledge I can finally sleep peacefully. :moon:

Spoiler

Original post by G_S
offf man my friend studied biomedical science and then she worked in a lab for two years now she has gone back to uni to study denistry.

80% of the people on my course want to go on to do medicine.
About 15% want to go on to do dentistry.

Me?
I have no idea.

I've never considered dentistry though. I find learning about the teeth to be full of tedious details, :sleep:
(though the evolution of jaw was quite interesting).

Plus my cousin is already a dentist... I sort of have this thing where I want to try to do something completely new. :colondollar:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 174
Red bull gives you...

....black teeth! :afraid:

I might stuff up my first year for having spent my time at university learning more about Vikings than about the cell membrane. :cry2:
That and I can't seem to do any calculations correctly.

With this knowledge I can finally sleep peacefully. :moon:

Spoiler

80% of the people on my course want to go on to do medicine.
About 15% want to go on to do dentistry.

Me?
I have no idea.

I've never considered dentistry though. I find learning about the teeth to be full of tedious details, :sleep:
(though the evolution of jaw was quite interesting).

Plus my cousin is already a dentist... I sort of have this thing where I want to try to do something completely new. :colondollar:

how about a pilot :biggrin: How random is that :smile:
Reply 175
personally i'd like to work in a zoo...and look after animals

or

work at an aiport
Reply 176
my parents would be like :angry::angry::angry::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::angry:
Original post by G_S
personally i'd like to work in a zoo...and look after animals

or

work at an aiport

I could go into zoology if I want...

...But I don't know what I want!

I really know what I don't want- to have some boring city job that renders me stuck in London with no travel or chance of doing something groundbreaking.

Right now all I want to do is eat this sandwich. :tongue:
Reply 178
Afiyet olsun :biggrin: I found this joke its sooo funny...well I found it funny :smile:

here goes

Electric Train
A few days after Christmas, a mother was working in the kitchen listening to her young son playing with his new electric train in the living room. She heard the train stop and her son said, "All of you sons of bitches who want off, get the hell off now, cause this is the last stop! And all of you sons of bitches who are getting on, get your asses in the train, cause we're going down the tracks."

The mother went nuts and told her son, "We don't use that kind of language in this house. Now I want you to go to your room and you are to stay there for TWO HOURS. When you come out, you may play with your train, but I want you to use nice language."

Two hours later, the son comes out of the bedroom and resumes playing with his train. Soon the train stopped and the mother heard her son say, "All passengers who are disembarking from the train, please remember to take all of your belongings with you. We thank you for riding with us today and hope your trip was a pleasant one. We hope you will ride with us again soon." She hears the little boy continue, "For those of you just boarding, we ask you to stow all of your hand luggage under your seat. Remember, there is no smoking on the train. We hope you will have a pleasant and relaxing journey with us today."

As the mother began to smile, the child added, "For those of you who are pissed off about the TWO HOUR delay, please see the bitch in the kitchen."
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by G_S
my parents would be like :angry::angry::angry::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::angry:

My family always seems to be like that with anyway though. :angelblush:

Original post by G_S
Afiyet olsun :biggrin: I found this joke its sooo funny...well I found it funny :smile:

here goes

Electric Train
A few days after Christmas, a mother was working in the kitchen listening to her young son playing with his new electric train in the living room. She heard the train stop and her son said, "All of you sons of bitches who want off, get the hell off now, cause this is the last stop! And all of you sons of bitches who are getting on, get your asses in the train, cause we're going down the tracks."

The mother went nuts and told her son, "We don't use that kind of language in this house. Now I want you to go to your room and you are to stay there for TWO HOURS. When you come out, you may play with your train, but I want you to use nice language."

Two hours later, the son comes out of the bedroom and resumes playing with his train. Soon the train stopped and the mother heard her son say, "All passengers who are disembarking from the train, please remember to take all of your belongings with you. We thank you for riding with us today and hope your trip was a pleasant one. We hope you will ride with us again soon." She hears the little boy continue, "For those of you just boarding, we ask you to stow all of your hand luggage under your seat. Remember, there is no smoking on the train. We hope you will have a pleasant and relaxing journey with us today."

As the mother began to smile, the child added, "For those of you who are pissed off about the TWO HOUR delay, please see the bitch in the kitchen."
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

:rofl: First clean joke I heard in a l-o-n-g time that's managed to make me laugh.

Quick Reply

Latest