The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
congrates :smile: glad for you thats amazing just make sure you keep it all off! :wink: you must feel amazing xx
Original post by jennaz77
Some months ago I found out that I needed to have this operation on my leg otherwise I'd get athritis by the time I was like 30 or something. But I needed to be a healthy weight to have it and at a little over 14 stone at 5 ft 10 I really wasn't. But now I have got down to 11 stone which gives me a healthy BMI and I can have the op. It only took me 3 months!

I went on weightwatchers which got me eating something like 1500 calories a day which wasn't extremely difficult. But the tricky part was the exercise. Based on my BMR, to lose 4lb a week, which I needed to do to lose 3 stone in 3 months, I needed to burn off 1800 calories every single day! Well it was either that or athritis, so I spent mornings doing an exercise dvd burning 600 cals, afternoons at the gym for an hour burning 600, and evenings on the treadmill for an hour burning 600, every single day.

I started this on October the 1st really hoping to be the right weight to have the op in January and I cant actually believe it worked. I didn't weigh myself throughout until today and its a real shock to go on the scales now and see that 3 stone has actually dropped off. Hopefully I can be an inspiration to all of you out there who really want to be healthier. I wouldn't recommend trying to lose it as fast as I did unless you need to have an op or something, but you can do it! :biggrin:

That is AMAZING! Well done!

Can I ask what weight you were before? and your height?

This gives me motivation, thanks for sharing!! x
woops ignore that just read it!!! lol
Original post by sheepy18
Thanks.
perhaps I wont get into a 12 afterall, seeing as you're a bit taller and lighter and you're a 12.
I know a 12stones 7lbs I'm a 14. guess I'll have to wait and see!lol

Well you could do, I buy most of my clothes from this one shop I'm obsessed with lol and their sizes tend to be smallish I think. I can often wear size 10 but I haven't really got used to buying that size yet. Wait and see anyway, size 14 is still a good size to be.
Some months ago I found out that I needed to have this operation on my leg otherwise I'd get athritis by the time I was like 30 or something. But I needed to be a healthy weight to have it and at a little over 14 stone at 5 ft 10 I really wasn't. But now I have got down to 11 stone which gives me a healthy BMI and I can have the op. It only took me 3 months!

I went on weightwatchers which got me eating something like 1500 calories a day which wasn't extremely difficult. But the tricky part was the exercise. Based on my BMR, to lose 4lb a week, which I needed to do to lose 3 stone in 3 months, I needed to burn off 1800 calories every single day! Well it was either that or athritis, so I spent mornings doing an exercise dvd burning 600 cals, afternoons at the gym for an hour burning 600, and evenings on the treadmill for an hour burning 600, every single day.

I started this on October the 1st really hoping to be the right weight to have the op in January and I cant actually believe it worked. I didn't weigh myself throughout until today and its a real shock to go on the scales now and see that 3 stone has actually dropped off. Hopefully I can be an inspiration to all of you out there who really want to be healthier. I wouldn't recommend trying to lose it as fast as I did unless you need to have an op or something, but you can do it! :biggrin:

congrats. Doubt many would have the time to put in the level of exercise you have though
Original post by MissSasha
congrates :smile: glad for you thats amazing just make sure you keep it all off! :wink: you must feel amazing xx

Thanks x
I know, keeping it off is secretly the harder part! Weightwatchers are really helpful though
well done :smile:

i've got 5 stone to lose to be a healthy weight :frown: going to be really hard because im on meds that REALLY slow my metabolism :frown: starting on jan1st!

can i ask what dress size you were and what you are now? i'm 5"8.5 and hoping to get to about 11 stone 7lbs, which im hoping will put me in size 12/14.

11 st 7 for a girl?

I'm a little over 11st at 5,10" I feel like I have a little too much fat. Aim for 9st.
Well done, =]
Reply 28
Original post by Glen_Nichols
11 st 7 for a girl?

I'm a little over 11st at 5,10" I feel like I have a little too much fat. Aim for 9st.

with the medicine i'm on there is no way i could shift 7 stone. at 11stone 7lbs i'll still be a healthy weight for my height, and without wanting to sound like a total cliche, i do actually have a large bone structure. built like a rugby player as opposed to a delicately built girl
with the medicine i'm on there is no way i could shift 7 stone. at 11stone 7lbs i'll still be a healthy weight for my height, and without wanting to sound like a total cliche, i do actually have a large bone structure. built like a rugby player as opposed to a delicately built girl

don't listen to him, thats a perfectly healthy weight for your height.
Reply 30
don't listen to him, thats a perfectly healthy weight for your height.

Did you exercise everyday to lose that weight?

Well done by the way! :biggrin: And I hope the operations goes well ; ) You've managed to get what you wanted and needed before the New Year has begun! Congrats!
Well done! It just shows what can be done with effort! :-)
what kinds of food would you eat on an average day then? and well done, hope the OP goes well :smile: xx
Well done!!
I lost 4 stone last year, still need to lose weight to get to a healthy size though! :smile:
Original post by Journeyzap
Did you exercise everyday to lose that weight?

Well done by the way! :biggrin: And I hope the operations goes well ; ) You've managed to get what you wanted and needed before the New Year has begun! Congrats!

Yeah, I had to exercise 3 times a day, but because I'm on a gap year and not doing anything in particular I had a lot of time. x
Original post by GildedButterfly
what kinds of food would you eat on an average day then? and well done, hope the OP goes well :smile: xx

The thing with weightwatchers is that you can pretty much eat anything, just as long as you stick to your points allowance. But I found myself eating a lot of rice and vegetables. It wasn't really like I was on a diet, just really small portions of what i normally ate. x
Reply 37
Original post by The*Doctor's*Rose
Well done!!
I lost 4 stone last year, still need to lose weight to get to a healthy size though! :smile:

wow, thats great! how much more you got lose? and how did you lose it? i lost a stone last year, but got another five to go, as of today i'm on a low carb diet and really got to up the exercise!lol
Reply 38

forgot to ask, which dvd did you use?
Happy new year guys :biggrin: :smile:

Latest