The Student Room Group

What does the UK have?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Installation
Well? As far as I understand the best thing we have going for us is the city of London, but since those guys are experts in dodging tax (usually in a legal manner ofc) I just don't understand what we have to offer the world in general.

Weather/
Reply 61
The best tennis tournament in the world.
Reply 62
Original post by catsss
" i know americas mixed but they dont actully mix they are a lot more segregated."

No, we aren't. I've lived in the Southern United States since I was 3. I've never seen segregation.

what race are you?
Reply 63
Great Universities, foreign students like myself, love UK education.... :biggrin:
the threat to unleash the chavs on the rest of the world if they do not do as we say

"this threat makes nukes etc seem worthless and like small fry"
Original post by Mick.w
the thing i love about the UK is how mixed the country. i know americas mixed but they dont actully mix they are a lot more segregated.

England is pretty segregated still.
Reply 66
A lot of kebab and curry places.
Reply 67
Original post by Mick.w
what race are you?

Irrelevant. Where are you getting the information that things are more segregated in the UK than in the US? Is this based on your own experiences, or?
Original post by catsss
" i know americas mixed but they dont actully mix they are a lot more segregated."

No, we aren't. I've lived in the Southern United States since I was 3. I've never seen segregation.

Youve lived in Texas since you were 3 im guessing i think he means places like alabama missisippi around there.
Reply 69
not oustide of london really
Reply 70
Original post by catsss
Irrelevant. Where are you getting the information that things are more segregated in the UK than in the US? Is this based on your own experiences, or?

personal experiance yes. i have mixed family in ameirca and across the uk.
also u just have look at the media and see the difference really.
but yea i take it ur white lol.
The Uk used to have a lot of things but its in decline.
Also when people say things like the bealtes and English countryside are a worhtwhile reason to live here why?
How does the English countryside and the beatles benefit the vast majoritys personal lives?
Original post by dnumberwang
When you've been to southern China it puts everything into perspective to be perfectly honest.

Snowdonia is pretty far from spectacular. And I still stand by probably being able to name 100 countries with more 'spectacular' natural scenery than that

Go ahead and name them, then.

Lake district anyone?
Original post by Mick.w
personal experiance yes. i have mixed family in ameirca and across the uk.
also u just have look at the media and see the difference really.
but yea i take it ur white lol.

You talk ****.
Marshmallows :colondollar:
Reply 75
Brits
Castles!
Universities for sure.
Accents :love:
A lot of historical site.
TEA :h:
Reply 77
Original post by Margaret Thatcher
You talk ****.

says the thatcher wannabe...:rolleyes:
Original post by Installation
Well? As far as I understand the best thing we have going for us is the city of London, but since those guys are experts in dodging tax (usually in a legal manner ofc) I just don't understand what we have to offer the world in general.

A lot of debt?
Original post by dnumberwang
The lake district is crap, and basically I'd take a list of all the countries in the world, then get rid of the little, middle of nowhere countries, and little island nations

So you went somewhere exotic on your gap yah and suddenly the UK landscape is crap? :teehee:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending