The Student Room Group

AQA triple science grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by talliehughes
I don't understand this, because I got an A in p1a, p1b and p2. I got A*s in my ISAs and I got 1 B in P3. My science teacher is tellling me that my overall physics GCSE is at a grade B-and i don't understand why. Shouldn't it be an overall A considering I got all As and only 1 B? Or is the P3 exam a larger percentage of the overall physics GCSE?

No, that doesn't make any sense at all. Assuming you got the lowest grade boundary in every single one...

90 (ISA)+70 (P3)+80 (P2)+80 (P1)=320=A
Thats what I was thinking, unless they've made a mistake about the marks somewhere. I have to retake P3 in order to get my target grade of an A :/
Reply 22
just to ask, if your doing triple science, aka, ive just done 1a and b in year 10, and have 2 and 3 next year, i got an A* in chemistry this year (year 10) but Bs in phys and bio, they average to an A luckily.

But at the end of year 11, will I recieve an A in core, then my grades of additional then triple. OR will i get a grade for each subject???

or is it completely different?? thanks x
Original post by lou-321
But at the end of year 11, will I recieve an A in core, then my grades of additional then triple. OR will i get a grade for each subject???

Grade for each subject. So every chance you could get an A* in chem, or even pull the Bio/Phys grades up.

the a/b's are worth up to 50UMS each, the 2/3/ISAs are worth up to 100UMS, for a total of 400 for each GCSE. 360 more than total is an A*, 320-359 is an A, 280-219 is a B.
Reply 24
thanks for the quick reply, btw since your here and might know a bit more then me about this, do you think its worth getting my short course IT and RE grades remarked? I got a B in both with 79% in RE for sure (so obviously close to an A)??? have you had experience in remarks???
Probably better to re-sit them if possible instead of re-mark them. Re-marks are usually reserved for when the grades look horrendously wrong, or if you dont have the ability to re-sit the paper. With a re-mark you are just as likely to go up as down, unless the marker made a serious cock-up, in which case your mark would probably be way off.
Reply 26
Hi, im in year 10- well year 11 now lol today i got my results and
Im doing aqa triple science and for biology so far i have B1=64(c) B3=65(c)(UMS MARKS) i dont now my isa yet so is it possible for me to get a b overall ? i really need it for college and im planning to re-sit my b3 cause i was really unfocused in that one and i KNOW i can get atleast 75-80 but if my school doesnt let me re-sit then what do i have to get in my isa & B2 to get a b ? thanks in advance :biggrin: (
Reply 27
Hey I am thinking getting a re-mark for my chemistry- here is the sencerio:

i got 355 UMS overall, 5 off an A*, and for my last module (C3), i've got 95 UMS, so if i were to get it re-mark, approximately about how many more marks do i need for that 5 UMS? Also do you think is worth to get a re-mark and what's the chance of me getting the extra 5 UMS if i go for a re-mark base on your own experience (if you have any) ?

Sorry for the long post and question, many thanks
Original post by lizzie-95
Hi, im in year 10- well year 11 now lol today i got my results and
Im doing aqa triple science and for biology so far i have B1=64(c) B3=65(c)(UMS MARKS) i dont now my isa yet so is it possible for me to get a b overall ? i really need it for college and im planning to re-sit my b3 cause i was really unfocused in that one and i KNOW i can get atleast 75-80 but if my school doesnt let me re-sit then what do i have to get in my isa & B2 to get a b ? thanks in advance :biggrin: (

You need to average over 76UMS in your remaining two segments to average a B overall (you have 129 UMS and need 280+ to get a B and above)
Original post by Lawlet
Hey I am thinking getting a re-mark for my chemistry- here is the sencerio:

i got 355 UMS overall, 5 off an A*, and for my last module (C3), i've got 95 UMS, so if i were to get it re-mark, approximately about how many more marks do i need for that 5 UMS? Also do you think is worth to get a re-mark and what's the chance of me getting the extra 5 UMS if i go for a re-mark base on your own experience (if you have any) ?

Sorry for the long post and question, many thanks

1 or 2 marks. 90-100 UMS is usually separated by 3-4 marks. I would think unless the marker made stupid mistakes (possible, but unlikely if you got 95UMS) then it's unlikely to go up. However with 35UMS to spare over an A it's not likely that you'll go DOWN a grade.
Reply 30
Also, does anyone know how much it would be for a mark per paper (AQA)?
Reply 32
thanks
Reply 33
turns out, my RE was 1 mark off and ICT 3 marks off originally, in my remark my RE went up 4 marks, but I regret not getting my ICT remarked

Would have had a chance at straight As then, but hey ho :/
Reply 34
Got my ISA results back today for chemistry, the raw marks were 37/40. I was wondering what this comes to as UMS marks. Does anyone know :confused:
37/40 should be 95 UMS
Raw UMS
40 100
39 100
38 100
37 95
36 90 A*
35 85
34 80 A
33 78
32 75
31 73
30 70 B
29 67
28 63
27 60 C
26 58
25 56
24 54
23 52
22 50 D
21 48
20 45
19 43
18 40 E
17 38
16 35
15 33
14 30 F
13 28
12 26
11 24
10 20 G
9 12
8 4

They are in the grade boundaries for June '11, but you have to interpolate what the UMS marks are between the boundaries for each grade (or just have a massive set of data so you can cross compare).

Be aware these are for '11 and are subject to change. The boundaries only changed marginally from '10-'11 (27 for a C/60UMS rather than 26), but it does happen.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 36
Thanks a lot :smile:
Good work getting 95UMS. That's an exam you can get a high "A" in rather than an A*, or even better if you are targeting less than an A*.

I've got kids getting Bs, despite bad exam grades (C/Ds) thanks to high ISAs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending