The Student Room Group

Did you cry when Princess Diana died?

Scroll to see replies

I only vaguely remember it as well. I'm pretty sure I remember watching the funeral though.
Reply 21
No I didnt know what was happening :frown:

I cried when MJ died though
On the morning she died I woke up with tears in my eyes, I turned on the tv and immediately knew why.....

Only kidding was too young didn't know who she was but as soon as I saw the message on the bottom of the tv screen whilst watching Tom and Jerry I knew something bad has happened (It just said turn over to sky news for some news about Princess Diana).
Reply 23
Hmm...I was 4, so I didn't cry, but it was the first time I really understood what it meant to die, it is certainly the earliest death I remember and I still remember watching it on the news.
Reply 24
Yeah i'll admit to crying, but only because a particularly scary episode of Mr Blobby had played and my sensitive 4 year old ass couldn't handle it.
Hmm which country was I in then...?:sogood::pimp:
Reply 26
I will never cry for elitists, politicians and aristocrats.
Reply 27
Never fear, she is always with us.

http://twitter.com/DianaInHeaven
Reply 28
I remember being annoyed that there was news coverage on every channel, and no kids tv. My dad came down, saw it was news on, and said, "Who's died, the Queen Mother?".

Also I remember watching Steptoe & Son one afternoon in 2002, which was then interrupted because of a 'special announcement'. I called that it was the Queen Mother before they actually broadcast it :biggrin:
Reply 29
I remember Mum being shocked and watching the news all day, Dad didn't like her, I would have been about 8.
I didnt cry. I was only about 7 anyway so i was a bit young to know all about what was going on.
Reply 31
Nope. 10 year old me actually said "Good" because I was sick of hearing about her.
I woke up really early and heard it on the news on the radio and thought it was a joke, when I told my sister she didn't believe me. Didn't cry though, my mum took us to Kesington Palace to write in the book of condolence. I think I wrote something like: "YOU WERE A VERY NICE LADY." (I was 7)
Reply 33
Yeah, it affected me a lot at the age of two! :rolleyes:
Reply 34
was too young to really know who she was and what she meant to people, my entire nation went into mourning though (former colony)
I only cried because I missed a whole day of cartoons because of the coverage on this perosns death. And she was not a Princess.
I was too young to car, i still don't care. Don't get me wrong it was terrible what happened to her, but lets be honest she's just another statistic to the number of victims of drink driving.
Reply 37
I was 2 I didn't know what death was or who she was
How do you make royal mincemeat?

You build a tunnel.

:colonhash:
Reply 39
I would have cried, if I had eyeballs....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending