The Student Room Group

The "What Film Is This?" Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Not sure from some parts of your description if I'm right, but it sounds a bit like "The Princess and the Goblin".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Princess_and_the_Goblin_(film)

Any help?

It wasn't animated and from what I can recall it didn't have any children in. Thanks for spending time trying to find it for me though, never mind! :wink:
Alright, I have tried to track down these 2 films to no avail. The bad news is that I only remember one scene (two max) from each film. So, here goes:

1). I only remember one scene where there were two women sitting on their sunloungers by the pool. One of the women (who was in a bikini) was talking to someone throughout the entire scene. During the scene, another woman in an orange one-piece decided to have a short dip in the pool and came back to her sunlounger once the scene ended.

2). Another film - I remember two scenes. One was when two women were having a road trip and one woman dropped something. She bent over to try and pick it up, revealing some of her underwear and a motorbiker came into view. He and the other woman made silly faces until he crashed into a set of cones. Once the woman picked up her item, she asked her friend if everything was okay (I think).

Then, another scene had two people stuck to each other and a crowd of people helped to separate them.
I don't know if this is English or foreign, it's a Nazi film;
Basically I remember a scene where there's a drinks reception for Nazis that are moving up through the ranks, in the same film I also remember a scene at the train station when he's trying to buy a ticket for himself or someone else (I can't recall) and he's stopped. Does anyone know the film?
(edited 8 years ago)
what film is it where a group of teens go to this place then get taken into a cabin by this man. They have to do challenges one is where they're forced to choose between battery fluid and water, he also makes one of the kids shoot another in the head, and the whole thing is cause the guys brother has cancer
Original post by Meganfxlco
what film is it where a group of teens go to this place then get taken into a cabin by this man. They have to do challenges one is where they're forced to choose between battery fluid and water, he also makes one of the kids shoot another in the head, and the whole thing is cause the guys brother has cancer

Sounds kinda like one of the Saw films

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Sounds kinda like one of the Saw films

Posted from TSR Mobile

Similar, but it's definitely not one of the Saw plots.
Original post by Meganfxlco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJuuz1LHhRM this by any chance?

--
p.s. i have no idea if it's called Truth Or Die, or Truth Or Dare.
(edited 8 years ago)
Fair enough, never seen them - just sounded like their sort of thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CalculusMan
Hi all,

In 2005, I watched a film late at night, and it was really good, I'd like to watch it again, but I cannot remember what it is called. Unfortunately, I can only remember two things about it:

- there is a black guy, and at one point, he seems to have some form of bug crawling through his skin. I think he had a white vest top on.
- at the end, there is some sort of dinner dance, where a man is dancing with his wife, and he gets shot. I think I remember this being planned? I recall him being the president maybe.

I'm pretty sure the word 'american' was in the title.

Does anyone know what film I am going on about?

Thanks.
omg ive seen this film I remember the bit about the black man in the vest top and the bug under his skin but I cant remember what it was called and I really want to know now
hey everyone :biggrin: i watched this film like ages ago and it think it's quite old- like a family with these two girls moves into this house and there's like something dodgy goin on in the house, and i remember this one scene where the girls in the end with the boys they meet do like some special exorcism thing in a church. the film looked old and came on telly and i have no idea what it was called. sorry just realised it sounds like the plot of every other horror film :colondollar: xx
This is a bit of a long-shot, but I saw this film years ago, and it's been bugging me for a while that I can't remember the name of it!!

I'm sure it was released sometime in the 2000s. The main protagonist is a guy who is raised in a very working class family (in England somewhere) and abused by his mum (but has an OK relationship with his dad). It starts off with him as a child, and follows him into his teenage years, and then adulthood.

He's picked on in school (I think he has a positive relationship with one of the primary school teachers) and eventually taken into care (but his other siblings aren't), then is eventually fostered into a good family. He ends up on the wrong side of the law a few times, and then ends up getting into cagefighting (I think) and is really good at it. A great deal of the film is focused on his fighting career.

At some point, he gets into gambling, and there's something with another man and a pub, but I'm not too sure what.

Near the end of the film, the guy goes back to his old house and is sleeping on a bed against a wall, potentially injured (I think due to the cagefighting??). I also think he used to draw on his wall as a child (but I'm not 100% about this).

Again, it's been bugging me for a while, so any ideas/suggestions/knowledge is gratefully appreciated! :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
I want to know what movies this is its a romance it begins with r and may be based on a book. I think there's an alex or something in the movie its fairly recent.
I used to watch this when was younger, all I remember is aT beggining a girl gets dropped at a high school and she goes into the toilets and pulls up skirt, puts loads make up on, back combs all her hair, any Idea?
Original post by Lozza_00
Basically this guy gets a mexican fired then employs him to mow his lawn and his arm comes off in the lawnmower so he needs to get loads of money for the operation to get his arm back on.

He pretends to be a retard and fix the special olympics in a betting scam by winning it but the real retards find out that he is a fake retard and that is as far as I got but I want to watch the rest of it!

Does anybody know what is is?

"Retard"? What decade are we living in again?
Did you ever find out what this film was called?
I really need to know what this film is!! It's been bugging me for years!! Did you ever find out?
Reply 658
Original post by bethan92
There's a film from when I was younger that I really can't remember.

It begins with a green dragon flying over earth, which then crashes into a plane. The dragons falls to earth and hits an American families garden shed. A brother and sister, around the age of 10, find the dragon in the shed. He's injured and the children go on a journey to find ingredients for a medicine to make him better. To get to these places they have to go through a sort of space station containing a variety of aliens. One of the aliens is a big, red, chubby dragon that is quite scary and chases them. They travel to somewhere in Asia, a visit a temple that they are forbidden to enter. The girl then sings the "Kookaburra sits in an old gum tree" song to distract the guards. Towards the end of the film the dragon gets better and as a result the dragon rewards them. They travel to a deserted place with a tree. The tree grants them one wish and they choose to be able to speak to animals.

Can anyone else remember this?

Hi bethan92,

I know it's been 8 years now since your post but I managed to find the movie you were looking for. It's called 'The Balanced Particle Freeway' (1997).

I'd been searching for the same movie for over a decade and found your post which filled in some blanks and helped me to finally find it.

Anyway, I thought I'd reply to your post just in case you hadn't found it yet.

Happy reminiscing.
Reply 659
Hi bethan92,I know it's been 8 years now since your post but I managed to find the movie you were looking for. It's called 'The Balanced Particle Freeway' (1997).I'd been searching for the same movie for over a decade and found your post which filled in some blanks and helped me to finally find it. Anyway, I thought I'd reply to your post just in case you hadn't found it yet. Happy reminiscing.

Quick Reply

Latest