The Student Room Group

The "What Film Is This?" Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hmmm it isn't a saw film as in the film i am talking about the room they are in is spotlessly clean as opposed to Saw 1/2. And it's not any of the cube films either.... Hmmm... This is a bit more detailed synopsis:

3 possibly 4 seemingly random people are in a room, (possibly they all just wake up in the room with no recollection of getting there,) I think from my memory they might be there to do some kind of questionnaire / survey. The room there are in is a spotlessly clean room with only a table in, it possibly has a door and a viewing window where they are being watched. A gun is then given to them through the door, that gun is used to shoot one of the characters eventually. They soon find as far as i can remember hidden messages warning them etc, then they try and escape but to no avail. Eventually the remaining characters are gassed to death, and random people in fully protective suits come in to collect the dead bodies.

Any ideas anyone?
Reply 61
Original post by miley
A few months ago, I remember reading about a certain film on imdb, which at the time I thought sounded interesting. However, at this moment, I have no idea what it's called. The few details I remember, is that it's a government based film (I think), something to do with a somalian, and probably involves the CIA. I think it was released in 2009/2010.

I'd appreciate it if someone could help! :biggrin:

body of lies?
Reply 62
Found it! It's called, "The Killing Room"
I'm pretty sure I've seen this recently but I honestly can't remember what it is - I can only remember one bit and I've googled the line but it only comes up on some Swedish blog lol.

A guy's given up cocaine and then someone comes and says something that deserves a celebration so the guy goes "We have to celebrate... How do you celebrate without cocaine?"

I know it's a long shot but :/
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
I'm pretty sure I've seen this recently but I honestly can't remember what it is - I can only remember one bit and I've googled the line but it only comes up on some Swedish blog lol.

A guy's given up cocaine and then someone comes and says something that deserves a celebration so the guy goes "We have to celebrate... How do you celebrate without cocaine?"

I know it's a long shot but :/

I googled some of the other lines on that blog, and the line with "heroin" instead of "cocaine" appears in a Scrubs episode called "My first kill". Could that be it, maybe?
Original post by Revolution is my Name
I googled some of the other lines on that blog, and the line with "heroin" instead of "cocaine" appears in a Scrubs episode called "My first kill". Could that be it, maybe?

YES thank you!
Reply 66
Original post by Astra_K
I remember seeing it when i was younger but cant remember the name.
Its basically about this young blonde girl who for some reason gets chased by these gremlin things which can only get her at night. A couple of scenes i remember are:

Her car breaks down at night. Street lights begin to turn off and the only light remaining is her headlights. I think she fixes the car just in time before the gremlin things get her.
Basically anywhere she goes at night, these creatures turn all the lights off to try and get her. Another scene is when she is in an underground subway running down a track and the lights are going out again.
Its an American film and at the end she ends up being taken to a nut house, she opens a cupboard in the room and the darkness in the cupboard drags her in and she finally is caught.

Any help?

Mimic?
Reply 67
Original post by abc101
Mimic?

nope
Reply 68
Right. I watched a film a while ago but can only remember one scene and want to know what it is. The film is comparable to Wolf Creek, Rest Stop and Wrong Turn etc. It may even be one of them but I don't think so.

The scene: There is a man with a truck, everybody is white but I can't remember nationality - probably American. He is in the woods and has been torturing a man. The man's girlfriend is waiting in the woods with a piece of wood or something like that and as the 'torturer' leaves the truck wearing a check shirt (I think) and a cap she beats him to death then rolls him over. He has his mouth stapled shut and it is actually her boyfriend who has been tortured and put in the torturer's clothes.

Does anybody know what this film is? Thanks!!!
Finding Nemo?
Reply 70
I want to know the name of the movie too
Would be very obliged to anyone that knows what film this is!
Saw it years ago, can't recall the actors though. Some things that I recall (random):

- Possibly a 70's/early 80s film.
- I think it included prisoners at a German POW camp, somewhere sunny
- In one scene a character is having a shootout with a German soldier, the soldier shoots some wood near the character and a splinter hits him, he yelps in pain and the soldier thinks he has killed him
- A character/several characters are after this "Nazi treasure" which is supposedly hidden somewhere nearby...(a potential spoiler is below)

Spoiler

Ok so I'm aware that is random, but it was years ago I saw it!
Also, just an aside, I remembered another war themed thing I can't remember, this was a TV episode I think. Anyway the main character found this old Nazi general hiding in a bunker, some long time after the war. The general kept insisting that if he pressed a button, two German guards would be in the room in a jiffy.... Possibly an episode of The Avengers or something.

Anyway...will be impressed if anyone can tell me either of those! Thanks.
I can't remember the name of a film I saw a while ago, so I thought I'd try here. It's a fairly recent film, I'd guess mid-00s and I think it's British, but could be American. At the start of the film someone breaks into a couple's house and kill the woman, and they go to prison for murder. Her husband wants revenge so he smashes up a police car to get himself arrested so he can get to the murderer. He keeps committing worse crimes so that he can get transferred to higher security prisons to reach the murderer. Anyone know what this could be?
Original post by ArtGoblin

I can't remember the name of a film I saw a while ago, so I thought I'd try here. It's a fairly recent film, I'd guess mid-00s and I think it's British, but could be American. At the start of the film someone breaks into a couple's house and kill the woman, and they go to prison for murder. Her husband wants revenge so he smashes up a police car to get himself arrested so he can get to the murderer. He keeps committing worse crimes so that he can get transferred to higher security prisons to reach the murderer. Anyone know what this could be?

I don't know, but if anyone does, quote me too. This sounds interesting and different to anything I've watched before. :colone: :colondollar:

That sounds a bit like Law Abiding Citizen
- Guy gets damned to hell
- Joins a monastery but is asked to leave
- Refuses to fight but ends up fighting
- Ends up getting crucified but escapes and saves the girl

It came out in Feb 2010, and it's driving me insane!
Cool Runnings.
Original post by wtfCharlie
- Guy gets damned to hell
- Joins a monastery but is asked to leave
- Refuses to fight but ends up fighting
- Ends up getting crucified but escapes and saves the girl

It came out in Feb 2010, and it's driving me insane!

Solomon Kane.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Solomon Kane.

Thank you!! Repped :smile:
Reply 79
HELLHOUNDS!! okay, it isnt, but its an amazingly.. amusing? low budget film which involves hell etc, and the people (in this town a long long time ago) all have different accents, and the main dude (klietos or something kind of .. interesting like that) is pronounced in like 4 ways. good times. my friends and i had a good time watching that one (it might just be our sense of humour), though it was painful too..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending