The Student Room Group

The "What Film Is This?" Thread

Scroll to see replies

I saw a trailer for this when watching Jackass 3D a few months ago, tried searching it, but no luck. It's basically a big train and the brake's not working and it goes through these towns/villages and they end up using another big train to stop it.
Reply 81
Original post by LENNIS
Right. I watched a film a while ago but can only remember one scene and want to know what it is. The film is comparable to Wolf Creek, Rest Stop and Wrong Turn etc. It may even be one of them but I don't think so.

The scene: There is a man with a truck, everybody is white but I can't remember nationality - probably American. He is in the woods and has been torturing a man. The man's girlfriend is waiting in the woods with a piece of wood or something like that and as the 'torturer' leaves the truck wearing a check shirt (I think) and a cap she beats him to death then rolls him over. He has his mouth stapled shut and it is actually her boyfriend who has been tortured and put in the torturer's clothes.

Does anybody know what this film is? Thanks!!!

Yeah I'm pretty sure that is wrong turn, the first one I think?
Reply 82
I suggest this method: press the select button. Read.
Original post by Crazy Paving
I saw a trailer for this when watching Jackass 3D a few months ago, tried searching it, but no luck. It's basically a big train and the brake's not working and it goes through these towns/villages and they end up using another big train to stop it.

Unstoppable

Saw it in the cinema, it's good :smile:
Original post by cadaeibfeceh

Unstoppable

Aww thanks so much. :biggrin: :adore: I missed the title of it, then it didn't show at the trailers for the next film I watched (Harry Potter I think) and couldn't find it at all. :no: Cheers! :yy:
Unstoppable

Speed without the bad guys. :pierre:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Speed without the bad guys. :pierre:

And yet with better actors :p:
Original post by Crazy Paving
Aww thanks so much. :biggrin: :adore: I missed the title of it, then it didn't show at the trailers for the next film I watched (Harry Potter I think) and couldn't find it at all. :no: Cheers! :yy:

Y'welcome! Btw I've already voted for you in best avatar lol.
And yet with better actors :p:

True, true. :tongue:
guys u have to help me name the film...

i watched it for a couple of times when I was a child in 1996/1997 something like that? (the film was shown for a couple of times in my primary school)I only remember certain moments of the movies:
-a family/a group of friends (children?) played a chess game.Basically they had to finish the game once they started. And with each move they made something would happn to them physically (like experiencing something or a monkey would come out etc)...it was kind of a dark/tad scary/thriller/adventurous movie in my opinion...

Thanks guys. It's just the the memories of this movie kept coming back to me the last couple of days.
(edited 13 years ago)
Jumanji, although it wasn't chess.
Jumanji! That's my favorite movie too. :h:
Yeah, it's Jumanji.

That used to be on every Christmas, love that film :smile:
Okay here's one.

I remember watching some (perhaps all) of a film when I was younger. All I remember was that it was a comedy to do with the Italian Mafia, and I think at some point a guy fits an entire slice of watermelon into his mouth and smiles with it.
There were also quite a lot of random deaths. It's one of those films where the characters are incredibly stupid.

Please help as I'd love to rewatch it! :biggrin:
Original post by DlightSwitch
Okay here's one.

I remember watching some (perhaps all) of a film when I was younger. All I remember was that it was a comedy to do with the Italian Mafia, and I think at some point a guy fits an entire slice of watermelon into his mouth and smiles with it.
There were also quite a lot of random deaths. It's one of those films where the characters are incredibly stupid.

Please help as I'd love to rewatch it! :biggrin:

The Freshman?

Its got Matthew Broderick in it if that rings any bells.
Original post by linkdapink
The Freshman?

Its got Matthew Broderick in it if that rings any bells.

Unfortunately not, thanks for trying though!
Original post by DlightSwitch
Unfortunately not, thanks for trying though!

Mafia!

I think that's it!
Original post by linkdapink
Mafia!

I think that's it!

I think so! I love you so much :biggrin:

I see we're both in Newcastle.. I owe you big time :smile:
Original post by Bodiniho
It's a film where as far as i can remember, 3 (possibly 4) random people awake in a room with one door which is locked. As far as I am aware they have no idea how they got into the room. I think they might be instructed to do some kind of survey, but soon realise they won't make it out alive. I think they might find scratches on the wall saying HELP or something similar... One of them gets shot by another one, and eventually I am fairly sure they all get gased and die.

Please help my memory with what the film was called?!

Thanks!

Do u mean "The Killing Room"?? I recognised your description & it has gotta be that.
Original post by Bodiniho
Hmmm it isn't a saw film as in the film i am talking about the room they are in is spotlessly clean as opposed to Saw 1/2. And it's not any of the cube films either.... Hmmm... This is a bit more detailed synopsis:

3 possibly 4 seemingly random people are in a room, (possibly they all just wake up in the room with no recollection of getting there,) I think from my memory they might be there to do some kind of questionnaire / survey. The room there are in is a spotlessly clean room with only a table in, it possibly has a door and a viewing window where they are being watched. A gun is then given to them through the door, that gun is used to shoot one of the characters eventually. They soon find as far as i can remember hidden messages warning them etc, then they try and escape but to no avail. Eventually the remaining characters are gassed to death, and random people in fully protective suits come in to collect the dead bodies.

Any ideas anyone?

Yeah it does sound like Saw 2 but it is THE KILLING ROOM. In that film these ppl go to this spotless room (which only has a table in it) having answered an ad in a newspaper asking ppl to do this psychological survey. They find scratchings on the wall saying help. Plus there is a gun & one of the ppl there shoots another. Plus the last 2 remaining guys get gassed & the "baddies" come & take them out of the room wearing these protective oxygen mask things.

It has to be THE KILLING ROOM!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending