The Student Room Group

The "What Film Is This?" Thread

The Film forum is in desperate need of a 'what film is this?' thread, similar to the one in the Music forum.

Basically, if you know everything about a film, except the title, then post here and hope that some very nice members can help you out! :p:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A few months ago, I remember reading about a certain film on imdb, which at the time I thought sounded interesting. However, at this moment, I have no idea what it's called. The few details I remember, is that it's a government based film (I think), something to do with a somalian, and probably involves the CIA. I think it was released in 2009/2010.

I'd appreciate it if someone could help! :biggrin:
Just google "films released in.." and then have a look down the list!
green zone??
do you any actors involved??
Reply 4
Original post by Billa Bong
green zone??
do you any actors involved??

Nope, not Green Zone.

No sorry, I wish I did though. :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by Gemma :)!
Just google "films released in.." and then have a look down the list!

I have, but there's tons of films to go through. :biggrin:
Anything else you remember at all? :holmes:
Original post by miley
Nope, not Green Zone.

No sorry, I wish I did though. :frown:

well it's gonna be real hard to find it then if you don't know any details
A-Team??
Original post by miley
A few months ago, I remember reading about a certain film on imdb, which at the time I thought sounded interesting. However, at this moment, I have no idea what it's called. The few details I remember, is that it's a government based film (I think), something to do with a somalian, and probably involves the CIA. I think it was released in 2009/2010.

I'd appreciate it if someone could help! :biggrin:

Traitor?
Reply 9
I immediately thought of The Interpreter.

But it could be anything.
It's most probably Traitor
Reply 11
Basically this guy gets a mexican fired then employs him to mow his lawn and his arm comes off in the lawnmower so he needs to get loads of money for the operation to get his arm back on.

He pretends to be a retard and fix the special olympics in a betting scam by winning it but the real retards find out that he is a fake retard and that is as far as I got but I want to watch the rest of it!

Does anybody know what is is?
It certainly sounds riveting.
Ohh I've seen this! Its got the guy from jack ass in I think its called The Ringer
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Lozza_00

Original post by Lozza_00
Basically this guy gets a mexican fired then employs him to mow his lawn and his arm comes off in the lawnmower so he needs to get loads of money for the operation to get his arm back on.

He pretends to be a retard and fix the special olympics in a betting scam by winning it but the real retards find out that he is a fake retard and that is as far as I got but I want to watch the rest of it!

Does anybody know what is is?

Really sorry, I don't. However, I too would like to know as your description was awesome. :lol:
Reply 15
That sounds... interesting.
The Ringer
Reply 17
Original post by Steph90
Really sorry, I don't. However, I too would like to know as your description was awesome. :lol:

its called the ringer... i watched some of it at school when we had a supply so could't play football and its definately worth a watch!
Hi all,

In 2005, I watched a film late at night, and it was really good, I'd like to watch it again, but I cannot remember what it is called. Unfortunately, I can only remember two things about it:

- there is a black guy, and at one point, he seems to have some form of bug crawling through his skin. I think he had a white vest top on.
- at the end, there is some sort of dinner dance, where a man is dancing with his wife, and he gets shot. I think I remember this being planned? I recall him being the president maybe.

I'm pretty sure the word 'american' was in the title.

Does anyone know what film I am going on about?

Thanks.
Reply 19
I'm desperately trying to find the name of a film I sure as a child. Firstly, IT'S NOT E.T.!!!!!!
It's quite old school, must be 80s maybe??

All i can remember is a boy finding some sort of little alien creature. They become friends, and at one point theyre in a spaceship together flying over a town in the dark with loads of stars in the sky...

Longshot, but anyone know what i'm talking about!? Lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending