The Student Room Group

The best course for Film & TV Production?

I'm in sixth form and go to university next year and have applied to UCAS and have applied to University of Ulster, Queens University, Salford Manchester + Liverpool Hope and have got conditional offers from all of them. I've narrowed the choices down to University of Ulster + Salford Manchester. I'm from N.Ireland and am wondering what is the best course for Media Production

http://prospectus.ulster.ac.uk/course/?id=7144

http://www.salford.ac.uk/course-finder/course/125

I think they both have their advantages, Uni. of Ulster offers an opportunity to study in USA + Canada in 2nd year and win the opportunity to film the Milk Cup I think. Salford offers the opportunity to get experience with the university TV channel 'Channel M' and get work experience with ITV Granada.

I don't know where to go as if I go to Manchester I would have to move away, does anyone know how many times you would be able to go home if you went to England from N.Ireland and how long the Christmas + summer holidays would be, what is the longest period of time you would be away from home?
i have applied for the same course i applied at university of the arts
university of greenwich
university of westminister
and two different courses at kingston university.

ive posted threads about this twice and no one seems to reply to mine either id ont think many people on here are applying to this sort of thing on here

im not sure which one of your options are the best but maybe to could try and visit them or find out from someone who goes to them and does that course to give you some information.
you would probably get to go home maybe once a month maybe all depends on your schedule.
Reply 3
Ravensbourne is one of the best in the UK for Television production courses - wholly broadcasting operations and engineering that are very practical based. UCA has a good television production tie-in with the Maidstone Studios in Kent, which again offers hands on production experience.

Bournemouth Uni's TV production course is also high rated, but the requirements and places available are high and limited.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending