The Student Room Group

Cut Superdry joggers?

Hi,

I recently got some Superdry joggers but they're way too long and I wondered if anyone knows if they're like the Jack Wills ones in that they can be cut to length without risk of fraying etc? Has anyone done this?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by nutsnuts
Hi,

I recently got some Superdry joggers but they're way too long and I wondered if anyone knows if they're like the Jack Wills ones in that they can be cut to length without risk of fraying etc? Has anyone done this?

Thanks!

Here's a wacky thought: Take them back and get a smaller size? :confused:
Reply 2
Wouldnt risk it tbh.
Reply 3
Original post by Ben77mc

... they don't come in different lengths!
Reply 4
Original post by Ben77mc

As with the JW ones, they're all ridiculously too long regardless. I got X-Small ones because I thought they'd be shorter, I was wrong.

Are you sure the Wills ones can be cut without fray?
Reply 5
I had some superdry joggers cut into shorts cause the ends were getting tatty ( from dragging on the floor :rolleyes: ) try a dressmakers only cost me a few quid to have them altered.
Reply 6
Original post by Syphillis
As with the JW ones, they're all ridiculously too long regardless. I got X-Small ones because I thought they'd be shorter, I was wrong.

Are you sure the Wills ones can be cut without fray?

I have friends who've done it, and i googled it and a jack wills forum came up with someone saying they emailed jack wills, who said it's a non-fraying material and they're designed to be cut :smile: emailed Superdry, and they said they had no idea, however!
Reply 7
Original post by coni
I had some superdry joggers cut into shorts cause the ends were getting tatty ( from dragging on the floor :rolleyes: ) try a dressmakers only cost me a few quid to have them altered.

Thanks, I may well do! Did you have a stitch put in them? And have they kept well?
Reply 8
I have friends who've done it, and i googled it and a jack wills forum came up with someone saying they emailed jack wills, who said it's a non-fraying material and they're designed to be cut :smile: emailed Superdry, and they said they had no idea, however!

Brilliant, thank you very much then :smile:
Reply 9
Thanks, I may well do! Did you have a stitch put in them? And have they kept well?

Yeah had a stitch put in like the one that was originally on the bottom. They've kept really well considering they're now a few years old :smile:
Superdry joggers?

Eeeeeeurgh...
When I cut my JW ones they were fine, I'm not 100% about Superdry ones, surely if they're the same material they'll be fine?
Reply 12
I would suggest that dousing them in petrol then setting them on fire would be the best option. That way you won't look like a ****.
Reply 13
Original post by py0alb
I would suggest that dousing them in petrol then setting them on fire would be the best option. That way you won't look like a ****.

Any genuine reason for such hatred of the joggers that i wear around the house?
Reply 14
Any genuine reason for such hatred of the joggers that i wear around the house?

I don't hate them at all, I'm just giving you a little friendly advice. Most people over the age of 18 think that people who leave the house wearing joggers for anything other that to play sport look like idiots. Furthermore, the majority of people understand that wearing clothing with big brand names splattered all over them makes you look like an inadequate fool. Superdry joggers manages to combine the two looks, which only makes you look even stupider. Making them naff and horrifically overpriced only makes matters worse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending