The Student Room Group

Henna Hair Dying DISASTER

Here's the situation guys,

I dyed my hair from brown to bright red about a week ago. It looked great but faded really fast so I thought I'd use some 'Raging Red' henna dye we had lying around the house to give it a boost.

I left it on for an hour and a half, then washed it out - it's gone orange. Reddy-orange, but orange nonetheless. I'm devastated, I really loved the red it was before (Schwarzkopf Live Red Passion) and I've gone and totally ruined it :frown:

One tiny sliver of hope that I'm clinging to though - I read something that the colour takes time to develop? So it could turn less orange if I leave it?

If anyone knows anything about henna PLEASE help! Is there any hope? I don't want to have to wear a hat when I go out tomorrow!
Yes Henna is a pain!! The biggest problem you have with it is you can't get it out or colour the hair with a traditional chemical colourant afterwards - as it can react.

The reason your hair is bright orange is because it has no depth. It might be worth you finding a brown henna and applying this and it will then deepen the hair colour and give you a truer red.
It would've been worthwhile doing a strand test before you did your whole head.

I use caca rouge henna that I get from Lush, and to get a proper colour from that, I need to leave it on for at least 4 hours, or overnight if possible.
i don't think you left it on for long enough. why don't you go to a hairdresser and see what they can do?
Reply 4
Original post by angelbones
It would've been worthwhile doing a strand test before you did your whole head.

I use caca rouge henna that I get from Lush, and to get a proper colour from that, I need to leave it on for at least 4 hours, or overnight if possible.

Awesome stuff. I used caca rouge a while ago and my hair went from a dark auburn to a light auburn which I always wanted. OP maybe if you get some of this and leave it on for a long time it'll go a more natural colour? Although I think the brown henna would probably be a safer bet.
Reply 5
The longer you keep the henna on for, the deeper the colour should become. If you leave it on for say, half an hour it'll be like a light orange, but the longer you leave it on for the deeper/richer the colour will get, and often darker depending on the type of henna.

I'm not sure what kind of henna you're talking about but do remember that some are darker than others. Some henna goes extremely dark like a dark brown, whereas some at its richest is a deep red colour.

It would be best to leave it on overnight. You could massage the henna into your hair, wrap a plastic bag around it and let it fully dry and just go to sleep (you can go sleep before it's fully dried I just meant don't wash it off unless it's fully dry :smile:) and in the morning you can wash it out :h:
Reply 6
thanks for this ...
I thought this said Hyena Hair. I should probably go to sleep...

Quick Reply

Latest