The Student Room Group

I need help choosing universities

Scroll to see replies

Original post by migle0703
Hey ,

Yeah I have already made it , but I must choose 5 universities and I am thinking about 7-8 and a bit confused about it.

And yes I am thinking about Bath, Birmingham, Exeter and Leeds too ;] And thanks for your 10 seconds ;D

I am from Lithuania ;] Yeah I know that some universities dont accept people from Lithuania :frown: but I am choosing different ones. I know about foundation. I would have to do those year If I fail TOEFL and my final examination.

A word of advice regarding TOEFL: study the format of the test. You may have an excellent command of English (heck, I'm a native speaker and I scored 110 on the iBT), but the format may still become an obstacle. In case you're taking the iBT: 1) reading section - it's all about strategy; unless you're a speed reader there's no way you can actually focus on the text, skimming and scanning is the key; do not even try to catch every word and sentence; 2) speaking - again, it's strategy all the way; prepare and practice your speaking templates; 3) listening - the easy part, although losing points is surprisingly easy due to being tired (the iBT is very fast-paced and demands supreme concentration throughout); 4) writing - also fairly easy, just make sure you know the layout of an essay and can complete one in 30 minutes.

Good luck!
No one here can answer this for you, I'm afraid. You'll need to do the research as what might be a good fit for someone else may not be a fit for you. Best of luck!
Reply 22
Original post by Peregrinum
A word of advice regarding TOEFL: study the format of the test. You may have an excellent command of English (heck, I'm a native speaker and I scored 110 on the iBT), but the format may still become an obstacle. In case you're taking the iBT: 1) reading section - it's all about strategy; unless you're a speed reader there's no way you can actually focus on the text, skimming and scanning is the key; do not even try to catch every word and sentence; 2) speaking - again, it's strategy all the way; prepare and practice your speaking templates; 3) listening - the easy part, although losing points is surprisingly easy due to being tired (the iBT is very fast-paced and demands supreme concentration throughout); 4) writing - also fairly easy, just make sure you know the layout of an essay and can complete one in 30 minutes.

Good luck!

Thaks ;] I do a lot of practice, and I will try to do my best and I am going to take pBT after 2 months. I have problems with reading section. Its the hardiest part for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending