The Student Room Group

mini-pupilages

hey.. I'm just looking for a little bit of advice, and if anyone could help me out, that'd be much appreciated! Anyway, I do a non-law degree (econ&pol) but I'm looking to convert to law, and eventually, become a barrister. Anyway, I figure I should make sure this is 100% for me before I throw £20000 away, so therefore I need to get some mini-pupillages. So..

Firstly, are mini-pupillages hard to get?

Secondly, I'm looking to do public law, as this relates to the politics element of my degree and other work I've done... BUT I've also heard that public law is incredibly boring. Obvivously, I've never studied it - so (in general) is this true?

Also, is it worthwhile applying only to public law chambers, or should I just carpet bomb?

Thank you in advance people. :biggrin:
mwah
Reply 1
Hard to get? Yes, especially when you're a non-law student.

Public law? Not my cup of tea.

Carpet bomb? Apply to as many as possible. You should treat the mini-pupillage as an opportunity to see what life as Counsel would be like and not just what that area of law is like.
When I was at Wilberforce at Lincolns Inn, which is a pretty selective place, two or three of the pupils were from non-law backgrounds. They seemed more interested in being a high achiever; given this it depends on your grades and relevant experience such as public speaking.

Latest

Trending

Trending