The Student Room Group

HELPPP! UCAS/UNI ..CALLING GRADUATES AND UNDERGRADUATES (all STUDENTS IN GENERAL)!!:D

hey guys, okay so im wanting to apply to uni and i have a feeling my predicted A2 grades are going to be low. (even though I know il get better in the actual exam)

anyway, I have picked the UNIs im going to apply to, but im wondering if the uni doesnt state entry grades (e.g BCC) on their site but instead has tarriff ucas points(e.g 280) does that mean your grades have to be at level e.g> BBC (A2 usually) or upto 280 points including ANY "AS"s and "A2"s
because in yr 11 i was lucky enough to do 4 "AS" but im not sure if this will be helpful to me in anyway? - since my current A2 (which are totally different subjects to the ones I did in year11) PREDICTED grades are not too good.

I hope you understand my question :L
And...Thanks in advance!
Original post by Charm&Witt_93
hey guys, okay so im wanting to apply to uni and i have a feeling my predicted A2 grades are going to be low. (even though I know il get better in the actual exam)

anyway, I have picked the UNIs im going to apply to, but im wondering if the uni doesnt state entry grades (e.g BCC) on their site but instead has tarriff ucas points(e.g 280) does that mean your grades have to be at level e.g> BBC (A2 usually) or upto 280 points including ANY "AS"s and "A2"s
because in yr 11 i was lucky enough to do 4 "AS" but im not sure if this will be helpful to me in anyway? - since my current A2 (which are totally different subjects to the ones I did in year11) PREDICTED grades are not too good.

I hope you understand my question :L
And...Thanks in advance!

It depends on the university and the course.
Some don't care how you get the points aslong as you get them, others aren't so care free. Its probably best to email the uni and ask =] xx
ZOMG i CAN USE TEH CAPITALS AS WELLZ!
If their offer is in terms of UCAS points you can use all 4 of your A2s/AS's.

If their offer is BCC for example, your best three have to be BCC or above, it doesnt matter what the 4th one is.

So if your doing 4 A levels and have a UCAS point offer you have an advantage as you can get lower grades. If the offer is 320 points you could get CCCC instead of ABB
Reply 4
Some unis when asking for Tariff points ask them in one year, or one particular exam time. I know someone who needs 280 points in Summer 2011 exam period. It all depends on the uni and individual cases.
Original post by radiated yoghurt
If their offer is in terms of UCAS points you can use all 4 of your A2s/AS's.

If their offer is BCC for example, your best three have to be BCC or above, it doesnt matter what the 4th one is.

So if your doing 4 A levels and have a UCAS point offer you have an advantage as you can get lower grades. If the offer is 320 points you could get CCCC instead of ABB

Don't count on this happening. If the typical offer is "280 UCAS points", if/when you receive an offer it will most likely say "280 UCAS points from three GCE A levels". There is usually some restriction on how many subjects those points can come from, but they give the offer in terms of UCAS points because for lower offers there are a large number of grade combinations that are equivalent. eg. 280 points = BBC = ABD = AAE = ACC = A*A*, etc.
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Don't count on this happening. If the typical offer is "280 UCAS points", if/when you receive an offer it will most likely say "280 UCAS points from three GCE A levels". There is usually some restriction on how many subjects those points can come from, but they give the offer in terms of UCAS points because for lower offers there are a large number of grade combinations that are equivalent. eg. 280 points = BBC = ABD = AAE = ACC = A*A*, etc.

Hmm I got an offer of 300 points from at least 2 A-levels when I applied...that's what I based it upon.
Original post by radiated yoghurt
Hmm I got an offer of 300 points from at least 2 A-levels when I applied...that's what I based it upon.

That's a novel one. I'd be interested to see you achieve 300 points from exactly 2 A levels.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending