The Student Room Group

King Edwards Five Ways Sixth Form interview?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kidioteque
Oh right, I didn't realise you could do that! Are you sure that it's 'allowed'? Because if it is then that's certainly what I'll do! I was under the impression that you only accept one offer, then if you miss the conditions you have to phone around on Results Day to see if anywhere will take you...

And really? Haha that's great. How do you know? :smile:

I think so, I know people who have done it in the past and attended induction's for each school so yeah. As long as you tell them at around results day and not the day before the school term commences it shouldn't really be a big deal - I think. Double check it though...

I know some people who go there... Most of the boys stay on and there's currently an uneven distribution between girls and boys so they were trying to sort that out this academic year lol.
How many external applicants do FW take in?
Original post by WizardOfOz#1
I think so, I know people who have done it in the past and attended induction's for each school so yeah. As long as you tell them at around results day and not the day before the school term commences it shouldn't really be a big deal - I think. Double check it though...

I know some people who go there... Most of the boys stay on and there's currently an uneven distribution between girls and boys so they were trying to sort that out this academic year lol.
How many external applicants do FW take in?

Okay thanks, I'll ask at school tomorrow. :smile: Five Ways take in about 50, I believe. Lots of externals to make friends with!
Original post by magap
Girls, i thought my name thing said i'm a girl but it doesn't (only joined this to talk about 6th form interviews, i'm new).

I shouldn't really be saying this bearing in mind i'm at QM girls, but if you're friend wants to do bio, then they shouldn't come here really. Loads of people have complained about it from the year above, and it's one of the reasons i'm leaving really.. QM boys on the other hand is fine and i applied there too. What school are you at now?

The biology teacher at CH looked really good!
Which subjects are you carrying on with at Alevel?
I inboxed you the school, and your gender is now showing :smile:

Where do you think you'll end up going?

Hell yeah.
Hey everybody, OMG, this is my first post on TSR!
I got into Camp Hill and Fiveways, and I've accepted both :smile: I'm not sure which one I prefer!
To anybody who did the KEHS exams, what did you think about them and which exams did you do?
Original post by lost_in_narnia
I got into Camp Hill and Fiveways, and I've accepted both :smile: I'm not sure which one I prefer!
To anybody who did the KEHS exams, what did you think about them and which exams did you do?

It's tough right?
They're both amazing schools!
It's tough right?
They're both amazing schools!

I know! I think I'm edging towards Camp Hill, as it's closer to me, but they are both really good schools.
It's looks like I'm the only lad to get an offer so far...hmm...
Reply 88
Has anyone been rejected yet?

Also, what were your mock/predicted grades for those of you who got in?
Original post by TommyToms
Has anyone been rejected yet?

Also, what were your mock/predicted grades for those of you who got in?

Still heard nothing? It's worth contacting them via email; that's what I did and they told me that I had an offer but that they were having problems fitting my subjects into the timetable blocks. They implied that this timetable issue is a problem for many of the people who they wish to offer places to, and that's why not everybody has had letters yet. So if anything, the fact that you haven't heard yet may be a good thing.

My mock grades were A*A*A*A*A*A and my I'm predicted 11A*s (2 of which I've already achieved) and 4A's.
Reply 90
Original post by Kidioteque
Still heard nothing? It's worth contacting them via email; that's what I did and they told me that I had an offer but that they were having problems fitting my subjects into the timetable blocks. They implied that this timetable issue is a problem for many of the people who they wish to offer places to, and that's why not everybody has had letters yet. So if anything, the fact that you haven't heard yet may be a good thing.

My mock grades were A*A*A*A*A*A and my I'm predicted 11A*s (2 of which I've already achieved) and 4A's.

Whaaaaaat?!?:eek: (at your grades)

Someone at my crap hole, er...school, said that you have to send the form thingy back saying you accept the conditional offer thingy majig or something like that.... :redface:
Original post by TommyToms
Whaaaaaat?!?:eek: (at your grades)

Someone at my crap hole, er...school, said that you have to send the form thingy back saying you accept the conditional offer thingy majig or something like that.... :redface:

Aha, I doubt I'll get most of them come summer. But thanks (I guess). What are yours?

Yeah, that's right. But obviously your deadline will be commensurate with when you receive the letter. Have many from your school got in?
Reply 92
The biology teacher at CH looked really good!
Which subjects are you carrying on with at Alevel?
I inboxed you the school, and your gender is now showing :smile:

Where do you think you'll end up going?

Maths bio chem french and further maths. Probably five ways i think. Think i'm just going to make my mind up in august.
Reply 93
Original post by lost_in_narnia

I did them. Further maths was horrible, i answered about three questions and i'm alright at maths. Got an interview on monday tho, have you?
Reply 94
Original post by maryahs
http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/schooltables/2010/alevels/grammars

Camp Hill Boys at Number 12
Camp Hill Girls at Number 22

Where an earth are Fiveways?

Edit: Ah, seem to have found you: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/secondary-school-league-tables-the-top-50-grammar-schools-at-alevel-523588.html

Camp Hill Boys at 6 on this one, Camp Hill Girls at 8...and Fiveways at....12. Point proven. Not saying it's a bad place to be, just saying Camp Hill's better.

League tables dont mean a thing, its actually better to go to a bad sixth form/college, get the same grades as you would as "Camp Hill" and then go onto university..
Original post by failingatm
:hmmm: what school do you go to atm?

Do you have an offer?
Don't really want to say on here. No offence.
Got my offer letter today. :biggrin: Obviously I already knew I was in but it's nice to see it in writing. :smile:
Original post by failingatm
I go to Fiveways already. :colonhash:

Why not? If any one wanted to stalk and kill you they'd already know where to find you in September. But fairy nuff.

Oh, sorry! Internal/external?

Good point, haha. I'll PM it to you anyway, just for continuity's sake. :wink:
Original post by magap
I did them. Further maths was horrible, i answered about three questions and i'm alright at maths. Got an interview on monday tho, have you?

Well done! I've got one on Tuesday :smile:
Do you know how many people they interview?
You must have done okay in your maths exam to have got an interview.
btw, I did Biology, Chemistry, Maths, R.S and Geography. I found Chemistry the hardest exam. What other exams did you do?
Reply 99
Got my letter today. As I tore open the envelope I grabbed the paper on which revealed my fate...

I then started crying like a little girl and eating ice cream out of the tub. :ashamed:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending