The Student Room Group

TSR Horse Owners' Society Thread!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cali_lewis
My entire life! 19 years wby??

Bit less, about 8 months haha, what types of riding do you do? :smile:
At least you're riding! Astride, sidesaddle and u e driven aswell :smile: wanna try western now!! Wby
Just English for me at the moment haha; just started the canter!
Original post by matthew2014
Just English for me at the moment haha; just started the canter!

love cantering :smile: my mum always says that you need to spend ages on one level till your really confident before you move up one :smile: especially with jumping! trotting poles for six months!
love cantering :smile: my mum always says that you need to spend ages on one level till your really confident before you move up one :smile: especially with jumping! trotting poles for six months!

:smile: its both exciting and scary, but I do mainly enjoy it! How long until I start jumping do you think?
Original post by matthew2014
:smile: its both exciting and scary, but I do mainly enjoy it! How long until I start jumping do you think?

that depends on your competency now! some people aren't safe enough for ages and some are early, just depends on you the horse and the instructor :smile:
that depends on your competency now! some people aren't safe enough for ages and some are early, just depends on you the horse and the instructor :smile:

Cool :^_^:
Everyone's horses are lovely!
I have 5 and am looking after 2 point 2 point horses for my dads friend too (but they're going soon, I've had them 6 months)
I have a 8hh 4 yo mini shetland gelding chestnut skewbald. 10.1hh Welsh A dappled grey (born chestnut) mare 7yo. 13.1hh lightweight cob 5yo gelding piebald. 14hh heavy cob piebald about 15. And a 15.2hh 7yo tb x cob mare who's very green.

They are all lovely, me and my mum share the old cob for hacking because I got her to start riding, and we got the 13.1 for me to bring on for her too, she is riding him out on hacks in company now and is trotting him, but she canters in lessons, but ponio isn't ver balanced yet!

I love them all (far more than humans- no offence! )

Can we have a tack hoarders support group?

Quick Reply

Latest