The Student Room Group

TSR Horse Owners' Society Thread!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
^ Yes it did. She's gorgeous :smile:
Original post by Pheebs1201
Going to attempt to upload a pic of my arab nakeeta...
nakeeta.jpg

Did it work? :confused:

What a cutie!! :biggrin:
xx
Original post by Tally DeBenedictis
What a cutie!! :biggrin:
xx

Original post by Magic_
^ Yes it did. She's gorgeous :smile:

Thanks guys! :biggrin::biggrin:
Hey everyone found out something interesting today and thought I'd share :biggrin: http://www.equi-therapy.net/equi-therapy/equine-nutrition/vegetables-for-horses.shtml
Hey everyone found out something interesting today and thought I'd share :biggrin: http://www.equi-therapy.net/equi-therapy/equine-nutrition/vegetables-for-horses.shtml

I give my horses banana the morning of a showjumping comp. and when it's cold :smile:
It's really interesting though because a lot of people don't realise how many different types of fruit you can feed to your horse! :biggrin:
Thanks for the info!
xx
I give my horses banana the morning of a showjumping comp. and when it's cold :smile:
It's really interesting though because a lot of people don't realise how many different types of fruit you can feed to your horse! :biggrin:
Thanks for the info!
xx

That's so cool! I tried it out on mine this morning they were NOT impressed and my mare spat it back out at me :tongue:
Going to attempt to upload a pic of my arab nakeeta...
nakeeta.jpg

Did it work? :confused:

Aww wow - She's very pretty!! :biggrin:
Original post by sarah :)
just thought i'd post a photo of me and my pony chelsea that was taken a few days ago, i know i've posted before, but i really really love this picture :smile:

Aww, what a cute Pony!! :biggrin:
That's so cool! I tried it out on mine this morning they were NOT impressed and my mare spat it back out at me :tongue:

Hahaha :biggrin:
Yeah they dont seem tooo keen on it..I normally mash it in with food :smile:
Did you see the new horse and rider? I was surprised how high the sugar content is in an apple and a banana!! I never thought there was that much in there...
xx
Hahaha :biggrin:
Yeah they dont seem tooo keen on it..I normally mash it in with food :smile:
Did you see the new horse and rider? I was surprised how high the sugar content is in an apple and a banana!! I never thought there was that much in there...
xx

No I havent seen it! I have heard that carrots can be really bad for lamanitics though which suprised me.
No I havent seen it! I have heard that carrots can be really bad for lamanitics though which suprised me.

o.O

Surprised me too!!

When my old pony got laminitis there was a strict no fruit policy...she wasnt happy to say the least!
xx
o.O

Surprised me too!!

When my old pony got laminitis there was a strict no fruit policy...she wasnt happy to say the least!
xx

Oh bless her :frown: Im lucky enough to have horses with brilliant feet, my arab only has fronts on (and was barefoot when I got her!) and I am so thankful for that :redface:
Reply 92
Had to worm my pony yesterday, as usual it took a good five minutes to get her to swallow it! :') What are people's thoughts on worming? Egg counts then worm, or just worm... ? Or not worm at all!
Had to worm my pony yesterday, as usual it took a good five minutes to get her to swallow it! :') What are people's thoughts on worming? Egg counts then worm, or just worm... ? Or not worm at all!

I use worming tablets with my two
I haven't been on here in ages :smile:
I've got 7 horses. 2 of which I compete quite seriously. 1 is my dad's who is an american TB - ex racer. Someone has just started to loan him who's starting to get him ready for Eventing.

I will get around to posting pictures :smile:

Ceaser - 14.2hh Skewbald gelding - My show pony.
Sara - 12.2hh Chestnut mare - My SJ/XC pony.
Collie - 13.2hh New forest. - Weve only just gotten him so he's still being schooled etc as he's only 5.
Khalisa - 16.2hh Ex race horse from America. :smile:
Scampy 29" Mini shetland
Dougie - 14.3hh New forest gelding.
Jelly - 14hh Palamino gelding. He's absolutely gorgeous. We rescued this one about 5 years ago :smile:

It really depends upon where you keep your Horse and on what type of pasture :smile:
Have a look at the Equitape Website (I think that's the correct one :redface:) as if I remember rightly I have a fantastic booklet from them on Worming somewhere :smile:
Original post by **CutiePie**
I haven't been on here in ages :smile:
I've got 7 horses. 2 of which I compete quite seriously. 1 is my dad's who is an american TB - ex racer. Someone has just started to loan him who's starting to get him ready for Eventing.

I will get around to posting pictures :smile:

Ceaser - 14.2hh Skewbald gelding - My show pony.
Sara - 12.2hh Chestnut mare - My SJ/XC pony.
Collie - 13.2hh New forest. - Weve only just gotten him so he's still being schooled etc as he's only 5.
Khalisa - 16.2hh Ex race horse from America. :smile:
Scampy 29" Mini shetland
Dougie - 14.3hh New forest gelding.
Jelly - 14hh Palamino gelding. He's absolutely gorgeous. We rescued this one about 5 years ago :smile:

Wow, lucky you!! :biggrin:
It'd be a dream for me to Compete seriously - I'd absolutely Love to compete professionally :smile:
However, it's the funding I have an issue with :s-smilie: :tongue: lol.
Your Horses sound lovely :biggrin: Though I bet They can be very hard work :tongue: hehehe.
Original post by ~*Horse_Mad*~
Wow, lucky you!! :biggrin:
It'd be a dream for me to Compete seriously - I'd absolutely Love to compete professionally :smile:
However, it's the funding I have an issue with :s-smilie: :tongue: lol.
Your Horses sound lovely :biggrin: Though I bet They can be very hard work :tongue: hehehe.

Thank you :smile: They are hard work, especially as I'm at uni during the week so someone has to look after them for me. It makes it hard when i'm competing etc.
I love it; we mainly do Showing with my Coloured. He's a completely different pony in the Show ring to how he is at home!

I've just tried to upload some decent pictures of them, not sure if it'll work!
Hehe.
We own a livery yard so I'm quite lucky that we can have so many etc.

What type of horse do you have? Do you get to compete?
(edited 12 years ago)
Unfortunately had to give mine up last year :frown:.

I am however riding a rather nice appaloosa at the moment :u:. Bit of a jump going from 14.2hh to practically 17hh though.
Original post by **CutiePie**
Thank you :smile: They are hard work, especially as I'm at uni during the week so someone has to look after them for me. It makes it hard when i'm competing etc.
I love it; we mainly do Showing with my Coloured. He's a completely different pony in the Show ring to how he is at home!

I've just tried to upload some decent pictures of them, not sure if it'll work!
Hehe.
We own a livery yard so I'm quite lucky that we can have so many etc.

What type of horse do you have? Do you get to compete?

Awww you're soooo fortunate to have your own Yard!! That is an ambition of mine :redface:
Your Horses are absolutely gorgeous!! :biggrin:
I used to do a lot of Showjumping and Showing - though I've had a go at Cross Country, ODE, Dressage etc and really enjoy everything tbh :biggrin:
I currently have 2 wonderful Horses :biggrin:
A beautiful Dun PBA X Sec B Mare and a handsome Chestnut 1/4 Arab, 3/4 Cob Gelding - They're my Life :redface: :tongue:
I'm hoping once I've managed to save up some money to get a Trailer and go competing at Showjumping, Cross Country and Dressage - though I may start off my Boy with Showing because it's a great place to start to get Them used to being in a Show Atmosphere :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest