The Student Room Group

TSR Horse Owners' Society Thread!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by German_Saskia
Oh ok. What does the different liverys include? Guess it`s different from the livery in Germany. DIY= Everyhing by yourself? Feeding and put out and in?

DIY- do everything yourself
Part livery- they do some things for you
Full- they do everything for you

x
Reply 161
Original post by Pheebs1201
DIY- do everything yourself
Part livery- they do some things for you
Full- they do everything for you

x

Well thx. Guess I will take a look for Part Livery then. :smile:
my beautifull horsey, mia on the beach :smile: x
I dont actually own a horse. Thats the MAINE reason i cant contribute anything to this thread......

....XD!!!!

sorry.
Original post by Recon1424
I dont actually own a horse. Thats the MAINE reason i cant contribute anything to this thread......

....XD!!!!

sorry.

I think you mean MANE

Fail....
Reply 165
Erm...I ride two privately owned horses does that count? One owned by a guy who won the Cheltenham Gold Cup once and another who's promised to give me the horse (Don who's in my dp) when the farms is sold (next year)....but gonna be awkward with my uni :/ might have to put him on loan for a bit..
Reply 166
My little tank :biggrin:
Reply 167
I don't own a horse; I do look after one however, it does what I tell it to mostly also, via training etc, but the Horse still does what it want's to sometimes.

I'm not very good at riding either, my sister is better than me.
Reply 168
Been riding for years, not very good though, more persistant. Just sent a 17.1hh clydesdale back to his owners as he knew his own strength too much. Think ill stick with my shetlands from now on...
Original post by sophiekingscott
Been riding for years, not very good though, more persistant. Just sent a 17.1hh clydesdale back to his owners as he knew his own strength too much. Think ill stick with my shetlands from now on...

I know the feeling :biggrin:
Reply 170
This is my new baby:
Apollo
16.1hh
bay thoroughbred
<3

Reply 171
Hey!

I have a Welsh section D gelding and I've had him for about a month now, I've tried contacting the previous owner but can't get hold of her...

Anyway its the time of year to worm our colts and I'm not sure whether I should worm him or not? He lives out on the field and is just coming up to 4, we usually use the Equi-Max gel paste - has anyone used anything more efficient?

Original post by Qru
This is my new baby:
Apollo
16.1hh
bay thoroughbred
<3

He is a beauty.
Original post by Medicina
Hey!

I have a Welsh section D gelding and I've had him for about a month now, I've tried contacting the previous owner but can't get hold of her...

Anyway its the time of year to worm our colts and I'm not sure whether I should worm him or not? He lives out on the field and is just coming up to 4, we usually use the Equi-Max gel paste - has anyone used anything more efficient?

Yes you should worm him - all horses on a yard should ideally be wormed with the same product at the same time. If you always use equimax, you need to be careful as worms can build up resistance to the active ingredient, so it is best to rotate products. Equimax active ingredients are ivermectin and praziquantel, so it is best to sometimes use a wormer with a different active ingredient e.g. Panacur (active ingredient febendazole) or Pyratype P (active ingredient pyrantel embonate)
Different ingredients do however target different types of worms, and hence work best if used at slightly different times of year. A number of worming plans for the year for optimal effective rotation of wormers can be found by searching the internet, eg. http://www.nutrecare.co.uk/Content-66/Home-Page

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Magic_
He's a fully registered with the Dartmoor pony society and he's a little sweetheart! :biggrin: He can be very naught!

go Dartmoor they rock . I have a 12hh black dartmoor , they are cheeky though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_kgW07hm_g

Here's a fun video of my horse Al Jood. The videos quite old but i can't be bothered to get the ol' photobucket up and running! :biggrin:

She's such a character and is always so happy :smile:
Reply 176
This is my iccle donkey! who i bought in 2nd year :smile: (i finish in june :frown: )

shes 5 - this was her first proper dressage show - she was very tense (as was i!) we qualified 2nd round trailblazers :smile:

Original post by Qru
This is my new baby:
Apollo
16.1hh
bay thoroughbred
<3

Gorgeous! :daydreaming:

Welsh section D's are lovely, my riding school owner has a few:
3 year old gelding Clydesdale-esque:

Spoiler

And this 9 year old mare is 6 months in foal, I almost never say this about a horse but :yucky: Everyone else at the yard worships her though :rolleyes:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 178
Hey,

I'm going to 'attempt' to break in my Welsh section D gelding. He's 3 and has a bit of spoiled character... Has anyone got any tips and advice?

I managed to break in my Arab cross last summer but he has always been rather easy to handle so that only took a few days :smile:

:biggrin:
Reply 179
Original post by mirandaandhector
Yes you should worm him - all horses on a yard should ideally be wormed with the same product at the same time. If you always use equimax, you need to be careful as worms can build up resistance to the active ingredient, so it is best to rotate products. Equimax active ingredients are ivermectin and praziquantel, so it is best to sometimes use a wormer with a different active ingredient e.g. Panacur (active ingredient febendazole) or Pyratype P (active ingredient pyrantel embonate)
Different ingredients do however target different types of worms, and hence work best if used at slightly different times of year. A number of worming plans for the year for optimal effective rotation of wormers can be found by searching the internet, eg. http://www.nutrecare.co.uk/Content-66/Home-Page

Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you :biggrin:

We used Equimax and I've just bought a bundle of Panacur wormers for next season so thanks for the advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest