The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Aired
I'm almost 100% sure it's an offer :P

Was Birmingham your top choice for biochem? Where else have you applied?

well its my fifth choice overall, as my first four preferences are for medicine - but its my top choice for biochem, yes :smile:

my application is detailed in my sig above...
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 21
I'm scared, I don't wanna go around on my own, (parents and students have different itineraries) :hmph: And what with only about 5 people I know having sent off their UCAS so far, naturally no-one else is going...
Saffie
I'm scared, I don't wanna go around on my own, (parents and students have different itineraries) :hmph: And what with only about 5 people I know having sent off their UCAS so far, naturally no-one else is going...

you shouldn't be scared, it will all go very quickly and you will be fine :smile:

What have you applied for etc? [edit]i scrolled up... *feels stupid*
Reply 23
Meh... i got an offer for german but they sent me the japanese stuff (by accident since the code for germ+eco is L1R2 and jap+eco is L1T2...-_-~)

Think i'll have to phone them up tomorrow and ask when the germ, eco one is...
Reply 24
Just got home from the bichem applicant day.
I like brum but not medical biochem, it'd feel terrible if I had to do that and not medicine! :frown:

What do spoon1 and Aired look like? Erm... I was wearing a long dark green coat, meh look in my profile for a pic of me posing :cool: See, if I remember you, it means i've actually met people off TSR! :biggrin:

Oh yeah, and what did you think of the course/uni...? :p:
Reply 25
Saffie
Just got home from the bichem applicant day.
I like brum but not medical biochem, it'd feel terrible if I had to do that and not medicine! :frown:

What do spoon1 and Aired look like? Erm... I was wearing a long dark green coat, meh look in my profile for a pic of me posing :cool: See, if I remember you, it means i've actually met people off TSR! :biggrin:

Oh yeah, and what did you think of the course/uni...? :p:

Hi, lol. I think I saw you there. I was the guy in the green jumper and jeans (not a very detailed description, I know :P). I was suprised at the amount of people there, I thought there were going to be loads more.

I thought the uni and course were pretty good (loads better than I expected). It's a hell of a job trying to find the place though...
I didn't realise this thing was such a big deal! :rolleyes: :redface: lol. I applied for Politics and my letter says 'conditional offer' in capital letters at the top of the page and i've also got the same on UCAS track. I'm going up to Birmingham on Wednesday anyway (lucky coincidence) so i should be able to make the admissions day. They've made it really early considering the fact that i guess some people haven't been made offers yet. :confused:

Is it compulsory to go to the whole thing and will it affect my application? I've already seen the campus and would possibly just like to attend the talk.

Hopefully the letter means we've all got offers! :biggrin:

See you there!

Crispy

xxxx

p.s i'l be smart/casual
Reply 27
Aired
Hi, lol. I think I saw you there. I was the guy in the green jumper and jeans (not a very detailed description, I know :P). I was suprised at the amount of people there, I thought there were going to be loads more.

I thought the uni and course were pretty good (loads better than I expected). It's a hell of a job trying to find the place though...
Hmm, I want a picture of you!! :p: Ditto not many there, and 3 off TSR :eek: Funny that most of us were all med applicants! Seeing as you think you remember me, were you in my groups for any tours? :confused:
Reply 28
CrispyDuck
Is it compulsory to go to the whole thing and will it affect my application? I've already seen the campus and would possibly just like to attend the talk.

Hopefully the letter means we've all got offers! :biggrin:

See you there!

Crispy

xxxx

p.s i'l be smart/casual
No it's not compulsory, and yup I'm pretty certain you have an offer! :smile:
Reply 29
Saffie
Hmm, I want a picture of you!! :p: Ditto not many there, and 3 off TSR :eek: Funny that most of us were all med applicants! Seeing as you think you remember me, were you in my groups for any tours? :confused:

Hmmmmm. I'm not sure.

What did the people who showed you around the uni in the first tour look like?

+ yeah, there were alot of med applicants lol, I was like the odd one out.
Reply 30
Aired
Hmmmmm. I'm not sure.

What did the people who showed you around the uni in the first tour look like?

+ yeah, there were alot of med applicants lol, I was like the odd one out.
Well you certainly weren't on my last tour then- we were all med applicants. Erm, there were 3 guys, the main one had kinda long dark brown hair and a sky blue brum uni polo shirt on. Damn I don't think I could ever remember you without a picture from that tour :eek:
Reply 31
Saffie
Well you certainly weren't on my last tour then- we were all med applicants. Erm, there were 3 guys, the main one had kinda long dark brown hair and a sky blue brum uni polo shirt on. Damn I don't think I could ever remember you without a picture from that tour :eek:

Yeah I think I was on that tour lol. I was talking to that guy with the black hoodie on for most of it.
Reply 32
hey whats smart casual....dark jeans and a top or black trousers and a top...and wud u recommend trainers for tmw got an open day/interview?
Reply 33
Just got back from the Pol/IS day - such a trek, expensive one at that, but it was good to see the place and walk around.
I know there's a few second years on here who are more than glad to help I'm sure (aren't you dave :P ) but if you want somone who's still bright eyed and bushy tailed and whatnot, there's a first year right here who's happy to help! (speshly if you want to moan about the Mluuuuughhead tower... too many lectures to attend in there... it's not funny)

I'd be glad to meet up with anyone coming to an open day who wants a chat (timetable dependant, of course)!

Becki x
pixiepeep
I know there's a few second years on here who are more than glad to help I'm sure (aren't you dave :P ) but if you want somone who's still bright eyed and bushy tailed and whatnot, there's a first year right here who's happy to help! (speshly if you want to moan about the Mluuuuughhead tower... too many lectures to attend in there... it's not funny)

I'd be glad to meet up with anyone coming to an open day who wants a chat (timetable dependant, of course)!

Becki x

technically i am a third year :wink:

oh, moaning about muirhead is a fact of life... :smile:

but yeah likewise, if anyone wants a chaperone just ask, i live on msn and also have skype :smile: just message davestones :biggrin:

i am bitter about the world, so can tell you all the bad points about the uni that this bright eyed bushy tailed first year might not know yet :wink:

[edit] i don't care for my timetable/subject either, so have no problems missing lectures :biggrin:
Anyone going in for the Visit Day on the 30th of November?!

I was supposed to go today, but i had to cancel. Grr! I dont wanna be the only one there lol!
burned_out_58
Anyone going in for the Visit Day on the 30th of November?!

I was supposed to go today, but i had to cancel. Grr! I dont wanna be the only one there lol!

30th you say? well if you need a guide i will be happy to oblige... i just about know my way round after 2 years or so....:biggrin:
davesstones
30th you say? well if you need a guide i will be happy to oblige... i just about know my way round after 2 years or so....:biggrin:

Lol haha awesome!
I'm going to be at the Uni on the 29th in the evening for the Xmas Physics lecture too! Lol.
burned_out_58
Lol haha awesome!
I'm going to be at the Uni on the 29th in the evening for the Xmas Physics lecture too! Lol.

well pm me if you want a guide, i don't have anything better to do on wednesdays :smile:

xmas physics, what's that?

Latest

Trending

Trending