The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Scroll to see replies

davesstones
well pm me if you want a guide, i don't have anything better to do on wednesdays :smile:

xmas physics, what's that?

The physics dept at the uni hold lectures every other tuesday evening on "interesting" stuff. Lol, but the Xmas one is the best one and we get loadsa biscuits! hehe! THough its in the evening at like 7 or something.

Are you going to be one of the guides down at Lapworth Museum or something? I think that's where it starts the "tour". lol.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
oh i'm not an official guide, i just get bored on wednesdays and tend to mooch about campus anyway :smile:

those people actually get paid for it though... not enough to get me doing it in an official capacity though...
davesstones
oh i'm not an official guide, i just get bored on wednesdays and tend to mooch about campus anyway :smile:

those people actually get paid for it though... not enough to get me doing it in an official capacity though...

lol wow! they get paid....aha...the incentive is what gets them there! Well if I see you around it'll be awesome, lol I'll be one of the Geo people freaking out over their shiney collection of rocks :p:
Reply 43
when did you get told about an applicant visit day, got an offer through track on sat and was wondering when i should expect a letter or something
burned_out_58
lol wow! they get paid....aha...the incentive is what gets them there! Well if I see you around it'll be awesome, lol I'll be one of the Geo people freaking out over their shiney collection of rocks :p:

please don't come in a cagoule with an ice-axe and belt full of carabiners though.. :P :wink:
CAFC
when did you get told about an applicant visit day, got an offer through track on sat and was wondering when i should expect a letter or something

i got a letter a week or so a ago, but i had to reschedule.

--------------

davesstones
please don't come in a cagoule with an ice-axe and belt full of carabiners though.. :P :wink:

Lol...Damnit! I thought they'd quite appreciate that. i'm thinking more along the lines of, going into my garden and digging up a "nice rock" and taking it in and being like, "o..this rock...it's my favourite...its...brown...and...smooth...and...i named it...Browny?" No? That could either freak them out, or they'll love me! :p:
i'm impressed i actually remembered what carabiners are called :biggrin:
Lol *claps* well done. :biggrin: I didn't know what they were...i just checked on google :turtle:
burned_out_58
Lol *claps* well done. :biggrin: I didn't know what they were...i just checked on google :turtle:

you are a geologist, right? i don't expect you will be going on many expeditions without dying then? :wink: :p:

i'm assuming you know what an ice pick is too?

*runs and hides*
Lol haha yea i know what an ice pick is :P

To be honest I haven't done geology before...it's my one chance at Uni to do it so I'm grabbing it with both hands!
wow, not even done it before... brave decision :biggrin:

i would advise against mechanical engineering just for anyone here though... :smile:
davesstones
wow, not even done it before... brave decision :biggrin:

i would advise against mechanical engineering just for anyone here though... :smile:

Hehe. I know...it's kinda scarey at the same time...but it's something I've always wanted to do and never got the chance to....so...why not?! As long as it doesnt all go over my head...I guess I'll be okay.

Lol...I WAS going to go in engineering...structural though, but I suck at maths and dropped it. :frown:
Reply 52
I'm going on the Joint Honours one on the 18th I think? Can't remember off of the top of my head...
Reply 53
I'm going on the 18th as well, and now I'm a bit worried that I'll hate Birmingham and realise that I don't have anywhere else to go. And fail all my exams, but that's a separate issue.
Reply 54
im going on the 18th toooo for law.
Reply 55
i have a open day on the 25th, looks like i'm going on the train on my trev, when i get to bham new street which train do i need to get on? and about how long will it take etc? if you have some idea what platform the train leaves from to the uni would be apreciated aswell ta.
Reply 56
I really liked it, until they told me I HAD to do my dissertation in Politics and not History, and so I have gone right off it.
Reply 57
CAFC
i have a open day on the 25th, looks like i'm going on the train on my trev, when i get to bham new street which train do i need to get on? and about how long will it take etc? if you have some idea what platform the train leaves from to the uni would be apreciated aswell ta.

the inside of the station (i.e. where you'd get out to buy your tickets) has all these easy to read lcd screens with train info. i think that most the trains will be going to either longbridge or redditch, the uni is only two stops from new street.
silence
the inside of the station (i.e. where you'd get out to buy your tickets) has all these easy to read lcd screens with train info. i think that most the trains will be going to either longbridge or redditch, the uni is only two stops from new street.

Yeah, they normally go from platform 10 or 11. Sometimes there are trains to Hereford/Cardiff that call at University that go from platform 12 too...

Latest

Trending

Trending