The Student Room Group

Application question

Right, so it's getting scarily close to the ucas deadline, and I still haven't applied. I've finally got a personal statement finished (for English & American Lit), but I'm not sure what I'm being predicted for my retakes, and so i'm fairly cautious about applying. I would like to apply to ABB places, such as Nottingham, Kent etc, as I believe I can achieve that despite my grades last time round (CCD, all because of my shoddy AS's :frown:), but I don't want to apply there and then find out i've been predicted lower.

I'm not able to contact teachers until it's far too close to the deadline for my liking, and so I was wondering if i would be able to put at the end of my personal statement what I hope to achieve in my retakes? I believe a friend of mine has done that, and he's got some unconditional offers...but I was just checking.

If you haven't noticed, it's got the stage of application when I am afraid. So very, very afraid.
Original post by hobnobs

I'm not able to contact teachers until it's far too close to the deadline for my liking, and so I was wondering if i would be able to put at the end of my personal statement what I hope to achieve in my retakes?

Don't do that. It's unnecessary and will look very weird if it doesn't match up to your actual predicted grades.

I realise it's cutting it very close to the deadline but I think your best bet is to wait until you go back to school and check with your teachers so you know exactly what your predicted grades are. You could draw up lists of what your five choices will be based on various predicted grades to save you some time thinking about it later.
Reply 2
Thanks. I think my main panic is the fact that my English teacher hasn't yet seen my redone piece of coursework. He organised various tutoring sessions over the last couple of months but charged a ridiculous price per hour, and it came at a time when my parents became pretty much broke, so I've had to do it without him.

I'm hoping I can show it to him the second he gets back to school and I can convince him to predict me an A. This month is going to be the most stressful month of my life! Thank you again for your advice, it's much appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending