The Student Room Group

Zante for a lads holiday - would you recommend it?

Scroll to see replies

Yes, quite chavtastic!
Original post by rylit91
I can categorically say, as a 'lad', that I would sooner pour boiling water over my own face than go on a 'holiday' to Zante.

You don't sound like much of a lad to me. Being male doesn't make you a lad.

I'm loving how many snobby people are in this thread. If you want to relax and enjoy the culture of a place, don't go to one of the notorious party islands! They're for people who just want to have a laugh and a good time!
Reply 22
Original post by nathan2010
You don't sound like much of a lad to me. Being male doesn't make you a lad.

I'm loving how many snobby people are in this thread. If you want to relax and enjoy the culture of a place, don't go to one of the notorious party islands! They're for people who just want to have a laugh and a good time!

I am proud to say I am not a 'lad' by the modern, and frankly erroneous and grating, definition, but for those who have a brain a lad is quite exactly what you said it wasn't.

I might also add that snobbish is not born out of having a sense of decency. Who in their right minds would willingly go one of these places if they had any dignity?!
yes - zante is exactly what you're looking for
Anybody have any idea what a good price is per person for an all inclusive in Laganas?
Reply 25
Have to say this had got to be one of the most snobby comments I've ever read on here, and thats saying something! All I meant by the term "lads" was to describe the fact that it would be me and my male mates going, it wasn't meant to hint that we're a load of binge drinking chavs, which isn't true. Sorry if some chavs annoyed you on your little "cultural" trip, but it has nothing to do with me lol
Reply 26
Original post by katebrighteyes
Not all inclusive but didnt eat loads. Drinks are so so cheap, I got 10 shots and a pint of cocktail for 5€...! The measures are huge also. I never had to predrink at all. I ended up in A&E due to the cheap alcohol though....falling on glass is never good....!! Anyway...

The food. There was a nice cheap little food place on the beach, can't remember the name though. Cubaneros was also cheap. When we ate on the strip, the best thing to do is to look interested then say you have found cheaper food, they'll barter with you. You can easily eat for 10€ max. :smile: It's amazingggg in Zante.

I'm actually jealous, I don't fancy Magaluf!

Thanks for the advice :smile:
Original post by Wahaaaay
Thanks for the advice :smile:

Feel free to PM me at ANYTIME for advice! :smile:
Ayia Napa!! Although it was a bit annoying, half my old school lot was there - not exactly what you expect when you go on a holiday where you wanted to go mental and do stuff that should never be mentioned once back at home. not the case when everyone you know is there.
but it was a brilliant holiday!
What you should do, is have a good think, and look online, for somewhere not too "in the spotlight" because theres still going to be everything you want, but without as much of the **** you dont.

I feel like abit of a snob to be going on about how **** these places are, but to be honest, you will have a great time im pretty sure, just people who have already done it, think no one ever should.

Once you have done it once or twice, try moving onto different things, my mates are onto about their 9th holiday in these locations, it saddens me.
Some snobs on here! I don't go for culture and peace, I intend to go to have a great laugh and some quality banter with my mates!

I'm off to Zante too mate, sure it will be incredible - ignore the snobs who don't know how to have a good time!

And to the guy above, you aren't anywhere close to being a lad
Lake District 2011, son. Get on it. My t-shirts are in the post.
Reply 32
I'd rather drown to be honest. From what I've heard from people who have gone it sounds full of the kind of ***** you would hate to meet on a night out so I don't know why you would deliberately go somewhere full of them. If you want a good holiday with good clubs why not just go somewhere else half decent in Europe? If it has to be sunny too why not go to Spain? It'll still be full of a fair few tourists in the good clubbing cities but at least it won't be hell on earth like zante/palma/other places similar.
Reply 33
I'm thinking of going to Zante in the summer for a girls holiday, girl from work said it was really nice there. Heard bad things about magaluf though, as expected ha
Original post by lancashiresmm
Some snobs on here! I don't go for culture and peace, I intend to go to have a great laugh and some quality banter with my mates!

I'm off to Zante too mate, sure it will be incredible - ignore the snobs who don't know how to have a good time!

And to the guy above, you aren't anywhere close to being a lad

You talking to me?

You ever heard the saying "ignorance is bliss" look it up.
Hi Guys

We offer the best accommodation for students in Zante. Unlike other hotels where they try to overcharge you and most of the time don't except young groups. We are cheap and we have loads going on our complex. You can check us out on facebook, where there is a brochure in our photos, which includes all the information you need. Just search Escapepoolcomplex Zante and contact us on there if you would like any information or to book. Thansk and good luck with your studies. Escape Pool Complex
Original post by Skilfulbil

Original post by Skilfulbil
Anybody have any idea what a good price is per person for an all inclusive in Laganas?

You should stay with us. Check us out on facebook. Escapepoolcomplex Zante.
Forget Zante, Dundee 2011 is where it's at.
Reply 38

I went to Zante last year and I didnt notice it being a sausage fest and Im a girl! It was pretty much 50:50. I'm off to Magaluf this year and supposedly that is a sausage fest.

I had the most amazing time ever in Zante though. I really want to go back. You will love it. I stayed in Bluebell apartments, 10 mins from the strip and 1 minute from the beach :smile: PM me if you want any info. It's defo somewhere to go.

Hi me and my friends are planning a two week holiday to Zante in Sept. Can you give me a link to the Bluebell apartments? Not looking for anything fancy at all. Just somewhere to crash after a good night out. thanks
Reply 39
Sorry Grandad.

Original post by arichmond64
Have a look beyond the malia, magaluf, ibiza, zante, cyprus, kavos, kos, benidorm, aiya napa and im sure you will find plenty of better places

Definitely cant beat a bit of Kosovo! Whether its the depressingly grey soviet architecture of the buildings or the fact that the streets all look the same, I know you "lads" are going to have a mad time!

(Havent actually been, but planning to go to Prishtina at the beginning of March)

Quick Reply

Latest