Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How common is oral sex in relationships?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    My ex never gave oral, but given her reasons I can't blame her.

However she has been my only gf/sexual partner so I'm curious: how common is oral in a relationship? I ask because I see a lot of threads about it on here but from my own knowledge (see below) it seems really uncommon.

I only really have 1 female friend I'd talk about this with and she doesn't because the one time she did her bf came in her mouth after promising he wouldn't, so she imposed a blowjob embargo as punishment (and apparently she didn't like the idea much anway).

Amongst my male friends we have an unwritten rule that we never discuss our own sex lives, and frankly they're all liars anyway

Thanks in advance,
    H-S
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oral sex is very common in relationships.
    • 61 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pretty ****ing common tbf.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    erm as common as you want?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    What's with all these threads on oral in H&R? They're coming like buses. :getmecoat:
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History-Student)
    because the one time she did her bf came in her mouth after promising he wouldn't
    Bahaha.

But yes, common.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fairly common, among the friends I have and myself. About 1/5 of girls don't like it, but about 1/2 of those who don't will do it in return for something they like in return / as a bargaining chip.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    More common than paki(stani)s having rotis.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    My ex never gave oral, but given her reasons I can't blame her.

However she has been my only gf/sexual partner so I'm curious: how common is oral in a relationship? I ask because I see a lot of threads about it on here but from my own knowledge (see below) it seems really uncommon.

I only really have 1 female friend I'd talk about this with and she doesn't because the one time she did her bf came in her mouth after promising he wouldn't, so she imposed a blowjob embargo as punishment (and apparently she didn't like the idea much anway).

Amongst my male friends we have an unwritten rule that we never discuss our own sex lives, and frankly they're all liars anyway

Thanks in advance,
    H-S
    You all seem as uptight as the Royal Family. Let things go, let things blow, and let things cum!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pretty common I'd say.

I don't see why it's such a big deal tbh. I have no idea why so many girls don't like doing it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    depends on your own preferences, I don't mind giving or receiving but I wouldn't say I do either that much.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but often.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles0ox)
    erm as common as you want?
    You mean as common as she wants :

More realistically anyway.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oral sex in my opinion is pretty much essential to all relationships.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pretty common I though :/

I enjoy giving my boyfriend oral... Am I doing something wrong?!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    very common - ive only been with one girl who wouldnt
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    how common is oral in a relationship?
    Actually I ended up having oral Sex in all my RS until now. Imo Sex without condom > Oral without condom > Sex with condom > Oral with condom. Also all the, except one, I know of are having oral sex in in their relationships.

I only really have 1 female friend I'd talk about this with and she doesn't because the one time she did her bf came in her mouth after promising he wouldn't.
    Guess one can't blame her, although coming in a girls mouth is one of the greatest pleasures she can give you.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it's pretty common usually but depends on the relationship. My last boyfriend LOVED giving (and receiving) oral sex and it happened almost every sexual encounter we had. 69ers are a must. Just sayin'.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arielle)
    I think it's pretty common usually but depends on the relationship. My last boyfriend LOVED giving (and receiving) oral sex and it happened almost every sexual encounter we had. 69ers are a must. Just sayin'.
    Agreed, 69 is always best.

Just... wow.

It's quite common, but obviously it depends on the individuals involved; some people dislike giving oral and some dislike recieving oral.

Personally, I love going down on girls, as long as they're clean. All girls taste different so it's obviously a much nicer experience if they taste nice.

My current girlfriend loves giving head so oral is part of every sesh we have. By contrast, my first ever girlfriend didn't like giving head so I only got it as a kind of "treat".

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 6, 2011
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.