The Student Room Group

TSR Iraqi Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by splendidsun
Nah. They don't give up :sigh:

Mine seem to be taking up the British attitude to their children... no offence Britons.
Original post by andrewpeters
Mine seem to be taking up the British attitude to their children... no offence Britons.

They've even got you calling yourself andrew peters lol
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by splendidsun
They've even got you calling yourself andrew peters lol

It's a hard life, bas inshallah I get into Medicine init :L
Original post by andrewpeters
It's a hard life, bas inshallah I get into Medicine init :L

La yh inshallah
The Iraqi football team thrased Thialand 7-1 in WCQs today and topped the group with 15 points from 6 matches! We are now in the final round of qualifying and can go to the world cup so long as we don't end up at the bottom of the group!
lol what a bent shot from Stewart. England don't stand a chance!

Edit: Wrong thread.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
Well done!

Even if it's not officially official I DARE the TSR oppressors to shut us down, we'll instigate an insurgency and rain ni3lan upon their heads.

OMG my mum loves this song!!! This is how iraq should still have been, its a shame I never saw it though :frown:
Original post by rafishakouri
Anyone from Mosul? Born in Baghdad, but originally from Mosul so I speak maslawi iraqi arabic! :smile: shaku maku?

Also, any other iraqis here living in or around London? Where abouts? :smile:

No, but my grandfather was born in Mosul. :biggrin: His parents were from Baghdad though, and then after a while they all moved back there.

I wanna learn Maslawi at some point, it seems like a really fun dialect to speak. :biggrin: I've seen some hilarious imdablaj parody videos of turkish musalsals on youtube in Maslawi ;p ..
Original post by arbissah
No, but my grandfather was born in Mosul. :biggrin: His parents were from Baghdad though, and then after a while they all moved back there.

I wanna learn Maslawi at some point, it seems like a really fun dialect to speak. :biggrin: I've seen some hilarious imdablaj parody videos of turkish musalsals on youtube in Maslawi ;p ..

my family go crazy over those turkish musalsalat -.-
im like to them 'they repeat the same story line over and over' but because lamees is in it then no its fkin life or death matter.... :mad:
Reply 2649
Anyone from Mosul? Born in Baghdad, but originally from Mosul so I speak maslawi iraqi arabic! :smile: shaku maku?

Also, any other iraqis here living in or around London? Where abouts? :smile:

Born in Baghdad, live in London
but im Najafi
welcome :smile:

It's a very casual dialect and doesn't sound as intimidating to foreign people :P
Can i recommend the Iraqi Memes page on Facebook. Hours of laughter. I literally sat there and viewed EVERY picture!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Iraqi-Memes/241953919223255

VERY FUNNY :biggrin:
Can i recommend the Iraqi Memes page on Facebook. Hours of laughter. I literally sat there and viewed EVERY picture!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Iraqi-Memes/241953919223255

VERY FUNNY :biggrin:

It's already been recommended. :biggrin: It was really good at some point but lately it's been dead and all the recent memes from the past week or more have been really lame.
There are some hilarious ones though..
It's already been recommended. :biggrin: It was really good at some point but lately it's been dead and all the recent memes from the past week or more have been really lame.
There are some hilarious ones though..

I agree that it's getting pretty lame now XD
It's a very casual dialect and doesn't sound as intimidating to foreign people :P

Well this is my perception of it right now: :biggrin:

Original post by im so fresh
my family go crazy over those turkish musalsalat -.-
im like to them 'they repeat the same story line over and over' but because lamees is in it then no its fkin life or death matter.... :mad:

My mum and sister used to watch this show called 'La7zat Wada3' allllll the time and so whenever it would come on I'd leave the room, eventually I got fed up and started sitting with them to watch it, and that was it.. I pretty much got hooked. :biggrin:

That was the only turkish show one I ever watched though..I didn't even continue it actually I watch about half of it probably.
My mum and sister used to watch this show called 'La7zat Wada3' allllll the time and so whenever it would come on I'd leave the room, eventually I got fed up and started sitting with them to watch it, and that was it.. I pretty much got hooked. :biggrin:

That was the only turkish show one I ever watched though..I didn't even continue it actually I watch about half of it probably.

ye i remember that one.
but it does get annoying. its still happening now lol
Mashy il7al?
It makes me so happy to find Iraqis! Hi everyone!
Reply 2659
Original post by Iraqi Frog
It makes me so happy to find Iraqis! Hi everyone!

hello
I hope you liven up this dead thread

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending