TSR Iraqi Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1060
Original post by AnnihilatorV2

Original post by AnnihilatorV2
JEEBA, ENSAH JWAREEBA!

I have been to Iraq 5 times :smile:

EEEEEE!!!

my dad's friend took his english wife to iraq last week haha i thought it was hilarious! the poor thing, I bet they'd be cracking jokes about her and she'd be just sat their lost in translation lol
Original post by d52
my dad's friend took his english wife to iraq last week haha i thought it was hilarious! the poor thing, I bet they'd be cracking jokes about her and she'd be just sat their lost in translation lol

She must have been scared witless! Don't worry, the first 5 days are always the worst :biggrin:
Reply 1062
Original post by Tzarchasm

Spoiler

haha that made my night :biggrin: The third one was hilarious!
Original post by d52
I find it disappointing that you barely understand it, I personally think Arabs should learn their language and be proud of it

I agree, you should know your mothertongue.....

but I'm not arab....I'm a kurd from the north....and I am fluent in my own language, but my arabic is patchy (although useable)
Reply 1064
Original post by infernalcradle

I agree, you should know your mothertongue.....

but I'm not arab....I'm a kurd from the north....and I am fluent in my own language, but my arabic is patchy (although useable)

Oh I see, sorry my bad :smile: well as long as you know your own language and you're true to yourself that's great .... It just disappoints me when Arabs are completly white washed and know nothing about their own culture and background
Original post by d52
Oh I see, sorry my bad :smile: well as long as you know your own language and you're true to yourself that's great .... It just disappoints me when Arabs are completly white washed and know nothing about their own culture and background

haha, no problem....

I do totally agree with you btw, I think that regardless of your race, you should know your mother tongue and culture, especially if you live elsewhere.....

which is one of the reasons why I love edgware road in london as its like the middle east..just in london :biggrin:
Original post by mare?
If I were you I'd ditch iraqi and focus on syrian accent. It sounds nicer, there are much more syrian shows/books whatnot available and besides, lots of iraqis are dialect chameleons anyway.

Esheeeft eshlooooooon you Syrians itkhabathooooon. :colonhash:

Hellooooooooo guys!
Hows it going guys?
Original post by Of the Standard of Taste
Hows it going guys?

Good good... I finished everything, so no purpose in life. Yourself?
Original post by Sushidelight
Good good... I finished everything, so no purpose in life. Yourself?

Ditto.

I've been trying to find a purpose.
haha, no problem....

I do totally agree with you btw, I think that regardless of your race, you should know your mother tongue and culture, especially if you live elsewhere.....

which is one of the reasons why I love edgware road in london as its like the middle east..just in london :biggrin:

I live in Edgware Road. :colone: Do you live here too?
Original post by Munchies-YumYum
I live in Edgware Road. :colone: Do you live here too?

lucky bastard....

I wish I did, but I don't....although the area in which I live seems to be exclusively populated by Iraqis....with the occaisonal white person...and we have 2 huge arab shops that sell EVERYTHING....so its all cool :biggrin:
lucky bastard....

I wish I did, but I don't....although the area in which I live seems to be exclusively populated by Iraqis....with the occaisonal white person...and we have 2 huge arab shops that sell EVERYTHING....so its all cool :biggrin:

Speaking of arab shops, I just got a delicious burger but I'm still hungry. :ahee: I guess you were born in the UK?
(edited 12 years ago)
Hello I'm not Iraqi but ani a3ruf a7ji iraqi :biggrin:
Original post by HanaKimi
Hello I'm not Iraqi but ani a3ruf a7ji iraqi :biggrin:

Hello! How did you learn it? :smile:
Original post by Munchies-YumYum
Hello! How did you learn it? :smile:

Thanks to my iraqi friends..btw I find the iraqi dialect nice but it's very hard to understand or pick up :colondollar:
Original post by win2kpro
Thanks.

Haha, maybe, possible, who knows. Don't care that much wherever I end up, hopefully somewhere in london though as long as I'm doing the job I want to be doing. :p:

You're Iraqi. :zomg:

No wonder you don't like Jews. It all makes sense. :colonhash:
Original post by lovely_me
You're Iraqi. :zomg:

No wonder you don't like Jews. It all makes sense. :colonhash:

Loool, how did you find this thread? :rofl:

One of my friends at uni is jewish actually, I don't hate them all by far. :wink2:

I don't hate you half-jew either, don't worry. :console:
Original post by win2kpro
Loool, how did you find this thread? :rofl:

One of my friends at uni is jewish actually, I don't hate them all by far. :wink2:

I don't hate you half-jew either, don't worry. :console:

I get around what can I say ffs. :smug:

How is uni????? Is it hard being a doctor, you're gonna be l-l-loaded when you're older.... :sexface:

Why all the hate then triple a....or perhaps you've just got a personal vendetta against me.. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:<333333333:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
Original post by lovely_me
I get around what can I say ffs. :smug:

How is uni????? Is it hard being a doctor, you're gonna be l-l-loaded when you're older.... :sexface:

Why all the hate then triple a....or perhaps you've just got a personal vendetta against me.. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:<333333333:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

You do indeed. :puke:

Uni is good! Just about passed my first year. :cool: - Not sure about the being a doctor thing, I'm 4/5 years away from that. :p:

There's no hatred. :beard: - No personal vendetta or anything. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending