The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Master of Nursing Science @ Nottingham

Just wondering has anyone got an offer for MNurSci from Nottingham and confirmed it as firm?

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Chris@Nottingham
Just wondering has anyone got an offer for MNurSci from Nottingham and confirmed it as firm?

Hey I've applied for the same course, I havent heard anything yet. What branch have you applied for? I've applied for Children's branch. Have you recieved an offer then?

Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeah got on offer in December for the adult branch. When did you apply? I'm sure you'll get a place.... :smile:
Reply 3
Aww congrats!! :biggrin: I applied in November, I've applied for child branch. I hope I get a place as I love Nottingham! I'll let you know what happens :smile:
Reply 4
Oh yes, do let me know. :smile:
hiii,, just got a letter today inviting me for a visit day for the masters of nursing science... so happy! just wondered if anyone had been and knew if there is a interview process involved?

thanks xx
Reply 6
Yeah I went in November. The selection process is a whole day long, starting with a few presentations, a tour of some accommodation, lunch and group discussions. Hope it goes well. :smile:
did you have to write a statement at the end?
ive applied for adult what about you?
and when did you find out?

and thanks,, hopefully be seeing you in september!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
Yeah you have to write a statement. I made some notes of key things I wanted to say and took those in with me...
Yeah I applied for adult too. Selection day for me was at the end of Nov and heard roughly a week later.
They are all really nice there so no need to worry.
Good luck, let me know how it goes. :smile:
Reply 9
I'm going to the same visit day as becomingheidi :smile:
Reply 10
I have a visit day on the 16th feb! :smile: how long does the statement have to be?
Reply 11
About a page or so... :smile:
Reply 12
Anyone know if it's the same for the Diploma/BSc? No mention of written task on the format of the day. :frown:
Also, if you bring parent/friend, is there anything for them to do? Some Unis say they can come and listen to talks, others just kick them out.
Original post by glf2110
Anyone know if it's the same for the Diploma/BSc? No mention of written task on the format of the day. :frown:
Also, if you bring parent/friend, is there anything for them to do? Some Unis say they can come and listen to talks, others just kick them out.

Diploma/Bsc is different because we arent really interviewed. We have a presenttation on the course and finance, then they ask your parents to go and meet us later, then we had a campus tour and lunch, then went back and sat in groups of 3 and a member of staff from each branch came round and answered any questions we had about nursing and the branch, then we wrote why we wanted to do nursing at nottingham. (this was last year so it may have changed a bit) Im sure your interviewed though as I know someone who applied last year and hers was completely different to ours.
If there is a written task they will say in your letter :smile:
If there are talks they will let your parents listen but then after they are kicked out! :O
Hope this helps x
Reply 14
Original post by Rhiannon_92
Diploma/Bsc is different because we arent really interviewed. We have a presenttation on the course and finance, then they ask your parents to go and meet us later, then we had a campus tour and lunch, then went back and sat in groups of 3 and a member of staff from each branch came round and answered any questions we had about nursing and the branch, then we wrote why we wanted to do nursing at nottingham. (this was last year so it may have changed a bit) Im sure your interviewed though as I know someone who applied last year and hers was completely different to ours.
If there is a written task they will say in your letter :smile:
If there are talks they will let your parents listen but then after they are kicked out! :O
Hope this helps x

Thanks, that's a great help. When did you have your interview and have they made you an offer yet?
(Tried to pos rep you but they won't let me as I have to pos rep others first. :mad:)
Reply 15
I have applied top both the Masters and Dip/BSc and i haven't heard back from the Dip/Bsc! I applied quite early too! How long did anyone else have to wait? :s-smilie:
Reply 16
Original post by 10987
I have applied top both the Masters and Dip/BSc and i haven't heard back from the Dip/Bsc! I applied quite early too! How long did anyone else have to wait? :s-smilie:

I applied for both too in mid-October. I had an email about the Dip/BSc course just to confirm they had received it - they just said that I could expect to wait a long time as there are loads of applicants.
I also got an invite for a selection day for the Masters course in November and got an offer about a week later for both the Masters and Dip/BSc (even though I had no interview for the Dip/BSc. Hope this helps. When exactly did you apply? I'm sure it’s just because they are overrun with applicants... Have you heard back from the Masters? Good luck!
Original post by glf2110
Thanks, that's a great help. When did you have your interview and have they made you an offer yet?
(Tried to pos rep you but they won't let me as I have to pos rep others first. :mad:)

That was my interview from last year, as in when I applied for September 2010 intake, but for a few reasons I couldn't go. This time round my interview/selection day is 2nd March :smile: For the masters you usually wait about 2 weeks for an offer/rejection. My friend who applied for diploma/degree waited longer, I think it was 3 weeks but she was one of the last ones to be interviewed.
Reply 18
Original post by Chris@Nottingham
I applied for both too in mid-October. I had an email about the Dip/BSc course just to confirm they had received it - they just said that I could expect to wait a long time as there are loads of applicants.
I also got an invite for a selection day for the Masters course in November and got an offer about a week later for both the Masters and Dip/BSc (even though I had no interview for the Dip/BSc. Hope this helps. When exactly did you apply? I'm sure it’s just because they are overrun with applicants... Have you heard back from the Masters? Good luck!

I applied at the beginning of November. I had the email, but was starting to think that they had forgotten about me!
I have an interview for the Masters on the 16th Feb, slightly worried about the statement, my mind tends to blank on things like that!
Was the offer conditional or unconditional for the dip/BSc?
Thanks!! :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by 10987
I applied at the beginning of November. I had the email, but was starting to think that they had forgotten about me!
I have an interview for the Masters on the 16th Feb, slightly worried about the statement, my mind tends to blank on things like that!
Was the offer conditional or unconditional for the dip/BSc?
Thanks!! :smile:

I think that perhaps because they know you have applied for the Masters, they are waiting for you to attend that visit day. One tip for your statement: sell yourself, don't worry about sounding big headed either.... write a few notes before you go in too.

I've emailed you a private message but my offer was unconditional for the Dip/BSc.

Good luck, hope this helps. Please let me know how you get on. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending